Street race to remember

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

GMJohnny

Street race to remember

Post by GMJohnny »

So, Sunday, I had to go to a baseball game for my son in North Ridgeville, about 50 miles
from my house, all freeway driving. I decided that the Vette was a good choice to drive, as
it was beautiful outside and only my son and I had to make the trek. All went well at the game
and I was coming home on the freeway. I was a bit tired from a long night before and a long
day that I had just endured. I was near falling asleep when something caught my eye in the
sideview mirror. A dude in a black 2004 Hemi Challenger pulls up next to me and revs his louder
than stock exhaust at me as he goes by, about 15 mph faster than me. I promptly woke up and
gunned it after the Mopar. He anticipated me coming and beat me to the throttle. I pulled very
slightly on him, but at the pace I was going, and with the jump he had, it would've taken me a
long time to catch him. Fortunately for the good guys, some traffic slowed him down so I could
get on his rear bumper. His plate said "04 hemi." As we cleared traffic, with me in 2nd gear and
right in the torque curve, he gunned it. I was glued to his bumper as he shifted through the gears.
I was tapping the brakes as I heald the throttle down to keep from running into his car. Mind you,
I was really cooking by now, and I can't tell you how many times he shifted, but the car must've
been a stick shift ( maybe a 6 speed ? ) because he shifted alot! We shot by only one car, and all I
can tell you about it was that it was maroon, It must've only been doing 60, because I blinked and
it was gone. The whole time I was knowing that I could pass this dude, but his rear end sat so high
in the air, that I was afraid to try to pass because I couldn't see around him and didn't want to wipe
out an innocent victim. After I realized that I could run him over, and comprehending the amount of
time I was in the throttle, I decided to back down. I looked at the speedo to see that I was to the
right of the 140 mark on the gauge! WHOA! After I cut out, he sped away, about a quarter mile ahead
of me. I decided to go pull up next to him, so I sped up to 80, and he was doing the speed limit. He
willingly let me pull next to him. When I looked over, he nodded his head to me and I tipped my base-
ball cap to him. Then there were two HUGE shit-eatin' grins and synchronized thumbs up from the
drivers of both combatants. He pulled off at the next exit, and I went the speed limit the rest of the
way home. By far, the fastest I've ever been gone in a street race, and definitely the fastest I've
ever driven in a car.... I guess you don't create horsepower for no reason after all!! BTW, Gordy was
just smirking when it was all over. :)

GM
Basement Paul

Re: Street race to remember

Post by Basement Paul »

Nice!
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Setting a good example for Gordy ha?
Matt Sutter
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I still remember riding in the front seat of the 68 Camaro when the old man got to racing a Mustang on Rockside Road.

They did not make the new Challenger until 2008 so not sure where this guy came up with the plate. Maybe he had a Hemi truck before that?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

OK! Keep that smile.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!