good, cheap camera mount

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

good, cheap camera mount

Post by TireSmoker »

So I was looking online tonight for a nice, easy, cheap camera mount that I could quickly use in any car. I found the Panavise 809. Generally under $20, available at Amazon.com (17.99) and ritzcamera.com (14.49. but out of stock). There are several videos on youtube and they're all shake-free.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP5488205.htm

http://www.amazon.com/Panavise-809-Came ... 383&sr=8-1

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

If you order one, order two as I would get one and I think we could save on shipping, etc.

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Just so you guys know, I used a standard tri pod when I was fooling around with the dynamic one time. I was able to mash it in the seat fold and adjust the front leg long enough to hit the floor. It took about 3 mins.
to set up and worked everywhere.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Basement Paul wrote:If you order one, order two as I would get one and I think we could save on shipping, etc.

-BP
I ordered one on ebay last night (14.99 + 7.98 shipping). I just sent an email asking if I could update that to Qty 2. We'll see what happens.

John,

I've tried the tripod thing in the past with limited success. I could never get it quite as secure as I wanted it. I think this new mount will be well worth the $23.

-Dave
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Gluing a camera to a football helmet is sweet too!!!!!! Good luck w/ the tripod!!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

GMJohnny wrote:Gluing a camera to a football helmet is sweet too!!!!!! Good luck w/ the tripod!!
Too much movement there, just glue it to the hood.