problems posting messages fixed

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

problems posting messages fixed

Post by TireSmoker »

I don't know who else was experiencing problems with posting the past few days other than myself, but the problem has been resolved. There was a crashed table in the database that was preventing me from posting new messages. I'm not sure if the problem affected just new topics or replies.

If you guys ever get error messages, don't hestitate to shoot me a phone call or email to chevelle@tiresmoke.org

-Dave
markss327

Glitches

Post by markss327 »

The only glitch I've experienced, and it was recently, was a multiple reply, like 3x.
Thanks to the administrative rights, I was able to delete the extra two...
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Well, I was definitely having problem and it delayed me getting my Cobalt posted for a few days.

-Dave
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I've tried somethings that I was having trouble with and they seem all to be resolved. :)
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Noisy Cricket

Post by Noisy Cricket »

Only trouble I have had was getting time to work on my projects!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I just had trouble tonight. I got an "Internal Server Error" when replying to a post even though the post went through OK. From the double posts I have seen in a couple other places I think I am not the only one getting this message.

Here is the text:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tiresmoke.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
markss327

Server Error 404

Post by markss327 »

I got the same thing. I sent ya a screen shot, via email.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Yeah, I looked at it last night and can't figure out what's wrong yet. I'm on a shared server, so I don't seem to have access to all of the log files (like the apache logs), the "open a support case" on my management screen doesn't work, either. It might be another day or two.

-Dave
ShakeDown

testing

Post by ShakeDown »

buck, everything workin ok?
www.huronhawgfest.com
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Just testing a posting of a reply..

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Posting replys works, but I'm getting an error message. Even though there is an error, the post goes through ok.

There is a table (phpbb_word_searchlist) in the database showing as "crashed" (again, I fixed it once a couple days ago) and running a repair against it doesn't seem to be working. Now that I know you guys upgraded the MySQL backend, I'll see what I need to do to get it fixed for the new version.

I really don't want to upgrade to phpbb3 at this time if I can get these little issues fixed. That's a full version upgrade (currently at 2.0.22, I think) and I personally don't like the new look of it. If that's what it ends up taking, I'll do it, but it's not something I was really prepared for right now.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Well, we seem to be back online again. Not sure everything is fixed yet, but we're further along than last night..

-Dave

edit: we're still getting the error message when posting, but the posts are going through. It's hard for me to fix when they keep taking the box down at night, though.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I don't really care if you ever upgrade the software. At some point hopefully we can get back to the way it was before - we had very few problems with it for a long time.

Also I notice the dates on the main page are not updating when the threads are updating.
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

I'm just going to put on my security consulting hat and state there are other good reasons to upgrade to V3 besides new features.
ShakeDown

Post by ShakeDown »

testtttttt
www.huronhawgfest.com