Woodward Dream Cruise 2010

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Woodward Dream Cruise 2010

Post by TireSmoker »

So Fatica and I drove up to Detroit last night for the Dream Cruise. We had a perfect drive up, going across the Sandusky bay bridge right around sunset, it was really nice. He is in his Chevelle and I'm rolling in the Vette.

However, things would deteriorate from there. After shutting off the Vette, it wouldn't restart, dead electrical. I had a feeling it was loose terminal. Fatica's car had a leaking fuel pump. It'll run, but it can't supply enough fuel under load, it dies.

So on Saturday, I confirmed the loose terminal on the Vette andgot it running again. Tony's fuel pump leak got way worse over night. I'm typing this at the Blarney Stone pub, while we're waiting for a fuel pump at the parts store.

But the cruising is amazing. 4 lanes each way of hot cars. There's everything. And its kinda raining, so not everything out yet. But it is really awesome. I'll post pics and video later.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Woodward Dream Cruise 2010

Post by TireSmoker »

Well, its 3 pm and the fuel pump has been replaced. In the rain. But it actually went pretty well. A big thanks to Phil Cooper who helped us with a few tools and some moral support too.

Phil had an 8 second small block Nova, 66 or 67. His car had a Drag Week 2007 sticker. 457 cubic inch.

The drizzle and rain has lingered tho. Hope it clears up soon.