Truck in the stable

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Truck in the stable

Post by MostMint »

Mrs. mostmint has decided she wants a truck. So now she has a truck. It is an 08 Chevy Colorado crew cab with the Z71 package. It has 13000 miles and still has 1 year left on the warranty. Did my research and got a good price on it.

Of course it has the 240 hp inline 5, limited slip differential and 5500 lb towing capacity. All things that Mrs. mostmint could not do without!

This is vehicle #6 for her.

I'm not sure its a project, but upgrades will include a bed cover and maybe some mudflaps. Depending on winter traction I may get another set of rims and some snow tires.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Re: Truck in the stable

Post by MostMint »

Made a trip to Mecca ..er Summit.. today to acquire a tonneau cover and mudflaps. Cover is on. I'll put up more pics once they are both installed.

Also looked around online and found used OE rims for $200 readily available. I think those will be available whenever they are needed.
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Re: Truck in the stable

Post by MostMint »

Long time no post.

This truck has been doing pretty trouble free service for a long time. Most of the time it takes Rhonda where she wants to go, though it occasionally sees duty pulling shrubs, or the ZTR when its stuck, or towing the trailer and whatever we put on it.

In 2018 the original battery died and that got replaced.

The old brakes were squeaking - I tried replacing the front but it turned out the backs were the culprit so they were replaced in 2020.

Last year the RF shock started leaking due to the shell rusting so it got new front shocks. It also went to the shop to get some of the rust on the rear doors and gate removed and repainted. It also got new brakes.

Recently it got the schrader valves on the A/C replaced (had a slow leak, time will tell if this fixes it), and the camshaft position sensor failed - which I replaced. This was a super easy job its right in front fairly high on the engine. During research for this I learned the inline 5 has VVT which I thought interesting.

At 85k it should be around for quite a while longer, though I expect the maintenance items may start showing up with more frequency.

Reinstall the Colorado emblem after repaint:
IMG_5059.JPG
Rare trip to the detached for maintenance:
IMG_5379.JPG
Doing truck stuff:
IMG_4310.JPG
IMG_4337.JPG
One of multiple times moving children to new living space
IMG_3807.JPG
-BP[/quote]