Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Canfield 2010

Post by MostMint »

Events are
Apr 30 - May 2
July 16-18
Sept 17-19

Again I am planning to sell in the July event. Spaces are $45.

www.autoevents.com or 330-477-5806
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Re: Canfield 2010

Post by MostMint »

With my newly acquired $200 trailer in tow behind my wife's Colorado, my son and I went to Canfield this past weekend. Daughter and son helped load up a bunch of stuff into the trailer early in the week. Later Tony dropped off some refinished 15x7 rally wheels and 15x8 rallys with trim rings and centers, and on Fri I picked up some stuff from Fred32v.

Got up at 5:10 AM and made my way to the grounds by about 6:40 AM. Daughter did not want to go.

Weather was nice - kinda warm as the coolest the truck thermometer would measure was 67 degrees.

This is my fourth time selling there, as I learned when they pulled my card at the registration desk. We had the whole thing set up by 7:30 or so. The space is only 15' wide so we were pretty full. There was a 57 Chevy hard top basket case on a trailer that was encroaching about a foot into one side of my space. No sign of the owner.

The reason I mention the Chevy is everyone was asking me how much for it! After about the 10th time it started to get old. Eventually the guy showed up and I found out he had already sold it for $4500.

Used BP's tent to keep the sun off. It did get quite hot but it was breezy so not bad. Sold Fred32v's bumper jack, tiresmoker's 15x8 rims, some toys (the General Lee and the Nimitz each fetched $5). Sold a bunch of quadrajets and parts. I was amazed when several different people could come up and tell me what car the carb came from just by reading the number. Saw Camaro Bob and he was making his rounds for the latest projects back at the shop. He was missing tiresmoke too - good thing its fixed now. All in all there were 27 sales made this day.

Closed up shop around 3 so I could make church Sat eve. Packed everything back in the trailer but left it there. On Sunday got to sleep in so we made it there around 7:30. The daughter decided she wanted to go. Also the Vette seat got to go since I forgot it on Saturday.

There were a lot less people on Sunday, but still a fairly steady flow. Made my daughter's day when someone bought her old princess bed canopy for $15. Last sale was at 1:30 and decided to pack it up around 2:30. Sold a few bulky items in the 13 total sales I had this day.

I am already thinking about what other stuff to take for the next trip. Need to reduce inventory as I am tired of looking at this stuff I'm not using.

Only mistake I made was not taking any pictures.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]