Sunday Sept 27th @ TRP

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Sunday Sept 27th @ TRP

Post by Basement Paul »

Test N Tune this Sunday. The weather will hopefully turn around. It's supposed to be windy (hopefully a tailwind) with a slight chance of showers, and a high of 71. I'm ready and I'll be there.

If anyone is interested in a pre-race feast, I'll do b-fast.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Can't make this one. My Sundays will start to free up later in October
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I got sucked into a golf outing ( Berkshire Atheltic Boosters, a good cause, but... ) & cannot make it, but I am planning on Wed, Sept 30th.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Sunday's forecast is for a slight chance of an early morning shower, and clearing skies with a high of 74. Not too bad.

Wed looks better, with a high of 62 and sun, the evening should be CHILLY! I'll be leaving work early on WED. :twisted:

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Run your fuel tanks low and take out your floor mats, It's gonna be cold on Wednesday!!!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

No racing today. I didn't bother calling as it was raining until after 10am when they're supposed to open. Even if they raced, the track wouldn't have been dry until after 12 and I didn't feel like sitting around watching the track dry.

Instead I found a few more things to take off the car, saving me another 20lbs or so. Hopefully Wed will be dry, as the temperature should be good. With the seats and other parts removed, and the colder weather, I would like to see the mid 12.50's.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

So the weather turned GREAT for our little outing tonight! A slight tailwind, temps in the mid 40's, and a little glue to help things out. 32V, GMJohnny (with daughter in tow), and I made the trek out.

If my memory serves right, 32v tied his best run ever at 13.18 and 105mph. GMJohnny got his best number at a 13.10 at over 108mph (nice). And I got a series of bests too (see projects) with a 12.58 @ 105.

With three Cossicks in eliminations, and 11 cars total, our odds were pretty good in Animal. After round one, there were still three of us, and only six cars left, two of which were high 9 second Chevelles. 32v beat his Chevelle (the Chevelle caught a red), GM got beat by his Chevelle, and I ran a low 12 second Vette, and although I got beat on the tree by .07, I ran a .60 on a .56 dial slightly on the brakes (ran a .58 on a .56 in round 1).

This leaves two Cossicks and one Chevelle who already had a bye so one of us was going to the finals. 32V drew the bye so I got to run the Chevelle dialed at 9.98. I cut an .017 light to his .103 and ran it out at 12.62 to his breakout (.95). Needless to say I was pumped.

Final Round: 32V vs BP
32V leaves first and cuts a .100 light. I pulled a .020 light and caught the Caddy pretty quick. I was a little worried after I passed him early that his top end charge would be trouble, but the supercharged car couldn't make it's number, so I pedaled to a 12.77 (12.59 dial) to his 13.67 (dialed 13.29). Either way, we took both trophies, the money, and put two pretty serious race cars on the trailer and drove our cars home after. That's a LOT of fun for $12!

-BP