TRP 7-15-2009

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

TRP 7-15-2009

Post by TireSmoker »

I think there's a few of us (me, Mostmint, BP, GMJohnnie? VeeDub? Fred32v?) that are heading to TRP on 7-15-2009.

Rumor has it there will be an SS-showdown between Mostmint's modified '08 Impala and my stock '08 Cobalt. 5.3 V8 vs. 2.0 I4-turbo, both wrong-wheel drive. Should be interesting.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'll be there with somthing. Either the GSE or the T/A. 32V won't be around, but maybe GM or even MARKSS might make an appearance?

-BP
markss327

Post by markss327 »

I've got it penciled in. 8)
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I'm there. How about a FWD challenge?
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Best ET, that would be you, or..... closet (without going under) to their dial, in the first round of eliminations?
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Not sure I'll be faster than the Cobalt or GMJohnny's Regal GS. BP's Regal GS may be slower but it could come down to reaction time. :wink:

Tiresmoker suggested we invade the FWD class.

We can have multiple awards: best ET, best MPH, best RT, best 60', closest to the dial, makes it furthest in eliminations.

Really the challenge is to race and win with the FWD.

Have not won a trophy since 2004, though I did cash a gamblers race in 2005 with my FWD Lumina. Hmmm. Who else has cashed racing a FWD?
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

MostMint wrote: Have not won a trophy since 2004, though I did cash a gamblers race in 2005 with my FWD Lumina. Hmmm. Who else has cashed racing a FWD?
Didn't exactly cash, but I did once get a trophy at Dragway 42 without ever having made a pass with the Neon, I think.

I think it was something like we showed up to race, never got a class call to make a time run, and they started eliminations. I think Mostmint might've been there with me. When we went to tower for an explanation, they basically said they screwed up, couldn't get our times runs, apologized and gave us a couple trophies.

I think I won Animal a couple years ago in the GTP, because I have a 2006 winner's trophy from TRP -- not likely to have been the Chevelle.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It was me that was there with you at 42 when we got a trophy for not racing. Somewhere I have a picture (couldn't find it this morning) of our trophies, our cars, and us standing like Jimmy. I'm pretty sure I had the Caddy there and I think you had one of your GTP's.

I would race the Buick on Wed, but last night I drove it home and all was well. When I went to start it an hour later, it kind of popped when I started it, and now it has a mean hesitation, and stalls out at idle sometimes. It also has a wierd idle periodically. The best thing is that there's no check engine light. I checked it with my scanner when it was running and all functions are functioning. By looking on the web, it seems that it might be a MAF sensor, but will have to find the running specs to know if mine is good or not.

Anybody want to buy a Regal? I hate this freakin car. :x

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I think there's a small vacuum hose near the front of the blower -- you might check that. I think GMJohnnie pointed it out to me once.

-Dave
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

It has got to be a vacuum leak. Use starting fluid to find the problem. I would be surprised if the maf sensor went bad based on how the problem started. Just my opinion, good luck......
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Not being a pressurized induction guy, but... I have to agree with GMJohnny...
It's gota be a hose.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Sometimes I just hate being right. Bad MAF. $150 later, and it's back to normal (for now). Normal enough to take to the track. As soon as I get a little time to clean it up, I'll be hanging the For Sale signs in it and will start with the standard Craigslist ad. Not long after will go to autotrader.com (I've had good success with that).

See you at the track.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Can you believe this weather forecast? I'm mean, really?

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/4 ... undeclared
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I've been watching it - quite silly. Pretty sure I am not going to spend much time detailing the car :x
markss327

Post by markss327 »

LOL....

I won't bother to wash mine either.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI