Ta-Daaa....The search is over....

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Ta-Daaa....The search is over....

Post by wxo »

1999 Z28 from the original owner. 54K miles 6 spd.

Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

What a sweet ride! Sure wish you where here on June 29th, we could have done a little grudge racing at TRP. Maybe you and Jim can find a drag strip down there when he returns from Michigan. If it runs anything like it looks, it should be very quick. Looks like it was worth the wait. That's going to be a fun ride on or off the drag strip. Just the thing for those trips to Carlisle.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
wxo

Post by wxo »

It's like being in the Firebird again! It's surprising how much of the old infrastructure is still there. This car is unmolested, bone stock and very tight. It feels great. It's understated appearance also appeals to me.
I really haven't been able to spend much time with it, but so far I'm very happy with my choice.

I would like to get some baseline time slips in stock condition before changing anything. It shouldn't be very difficult to get Jim to the drags when he gets back from vacation. He said he hasn't been to the strip since 1959! Maybe he could run his Explorer. Since Randi has been honing her skills on Pass Time, I'm going to see if she will come with us to guess my ET.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Looks good in the pics. I assume you got it for the right price.

I'm guessing you will be running the 1/8 mile there - or do you have 1/4 mile tracks nearby?
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Very nice!
wxo

Post by wxo »

Andy, we have both 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks. The closest is 1/8. Heck, I might even try the Maxton Mile Top Speed Challenge
( http://www.ecta-lsr.com ) if my schedule works out.
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Nice hot rod!! There is plenty of speed enhancing product for that power plant. Nice choice!!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

That's a very nice ride, no doubt! Good luck with it, it should be a blast. There are a TON of new and used performance parts out there for that one, or just keep it stock, tune it up, and enjoy it. Should be almost as fast as your Vette, and not draw nearly as much attention. I'm guessing about a 14.10 on the first trip out.

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

I've already purchased the ingredients for the first modification. I went to Radio Shack and got the resistor to deactivate the skip shift solenoid on the tranny. Do I have to open a project thread now?
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Project thread required methinks. Yes. You are working on it.

No cutting and welding panels like the Maverick.
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Nice, and the best part, 'un-molested'.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!