TRP 6-24-2009

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

TRP 6-24-2009

Post by TireSmoker »

Looks like an absolutely perfect day to go racing. I'm heading out on the SV to do some wheeeeeeeeel-standers! (ok, not really)

Hope to see some someone else out there.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Well, it was a great night out at the track. Myself, BP, and VeeDub were all there and all made passes. My old neighbor from Lyndhurst was out there with his blown 383 Camaro. My friend Mike also showed up on his Ducati Monster for some heads-up V-Twin action. No one broke anything.

My bike was dead-on .. 12.80 and 12.81 in time runs. It cooled down a little by first round and I went 12.76 on a 12.75 dial-in. Too bad I redlighted. Bad. But I beat Mike solidly in a heads up time run (12.81 to 13.02). His Monster is an air-cooled 800cc 2valve/cylinder. Mike lost his first round race, but at least turned the light green.

VeeDub was another first-round redlight victim.

Neighbor-Dave also lost first round, 11.47 on an 11.20 dial-in.

BP went 3, maybe 4 rounds. Can't remember. He lost when there was 6 cars left after loosing traction off the line. I'm sure he'll give the details.

Pics and video to follow.

-Dave
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

I had a great time. There were a lot of cars and bikes. People watching is always fun at racing events!! Thanks BP and T-smoker for your advice/education on bracket racing. Yeah... I red lighted with a - .0168. Wow, oh so close but no cigar!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Despite the heat, it was a fun night at the track. I only got one time run after sitting for more than an hour. That pass was a 13.26 at 101.44... so far my best this year. After a reasonably long intermission, I assumed the temp was going to drop so I dialed a 13.18. This pass had no bog off the line like the first pass, and I cut a .014 light. This light helped me to break out my competition despite my 13.31 pass.
Round two I redialed to a 13.26 and ran a .29, and even though my light was worse (.11), my competition (an 11 sec GN) broke out by .005. Bummer for him.
Round three I didn't get a great burnout, but I figured my new tires would grab anyway. I figured wrong. To my surprise I wrung the tires pretty hard to a 13.55. So it was time to go home.

It was good to get more seat time, and from now on I'll run the tires at 20psi instead of 26.

It was fun hanging out with the tiresmoke crew at the track!

-BP