TRP 6-17-2009 ?

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

TRP 6-17-2009 ?

Post by TireSmoker »

I'm thinking about taking the SV out next wednesday Wednesday WEDNESDAY!! Anyone wanna go?

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm a definite maybe with something... I'd like to take the TA, but the Regal would do in a pinch.

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I'm planning on takin the vette. BE THERE!!!!!!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The T/A is looking like the choice for Wed. I hope the weather is good.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

If it rains out as it appears this Wed, there's a race on Sunday too. The forecast as of this morning is heavy rain developing later in the day Wed. Up to an inch of rain possible...

I'll start planning for sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Tomorrow is looking ugly for racing, so I'm shooting for Sunday. What better way could you think to spend Father's Day?

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Yeah, tomorrow looks ugly. At least I got to ride to work Mon & Tues. I'll try to be there Sunday.

-Dave
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I can't make it on Sunday. How about next Wednesday???
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It was a very nice day at TRP. 32V and I went out for a few passes and to watch some pretty fast iron make some runs.

We paired up together for our first run and to my dismay, the old man stuck it to me hot off the street, dispite my efforts on the tree. His 13.32 / 102.42 was too much for my 13.43 / 100.98. He even outdid me in the 60' at 1.90 to my 1.93.

I think this was his best run of the day. I was able to eek out a 13.28 after a couple passes. My best 60' was a 1.86 and my best mph was 102.11. The new tires worked well, and the converter seems to be ok too, but I've seemed to have lost a lot of my top end. I'm over 2mph slower than I was before, not to mention the .3 I lost somewhere also. I'm going to start by going back to the Q-Jet which seemed to work very well with the big Olds before. If that doesn't fix anything, I'll go back to the Performer intake and take off the Torker.

I was assuming the Torker would give me more top end power, but since I switched it and the carburetor at the same time, I'm not sure which is the culprit. I'm going to try and put the Q-jet on before Wed and give it another shot then.

-BP
Fred32v

Happy Fathers Day

Post by Fred32v »

What a great way to spend Fathers day. When I arrived at the TRP ticket booth, the lady told me that my entry had been paid for and to procede on in and have fun. Wow, thanks Paul! Then Basement let me win our only head-to-head run. Traction was outstanding as my 60' 1.90's compared with my usual 2.0's and 2.1's. Only 0.14 seconds off my best et but over 3 mph slower. That 1st pass was my best pass since it continued to get warmer as the day went along. Basement made enough adjustments to leave with the best et of the day, but changes are ahead for his ride.

ImageImageImage

TRP is always fun!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!