1989 Firebird Formula 350

Post your Wanted or For Sale ads

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TheRookie

1989 Firebird Formula 350

Post by TheRookie »

Well, I hate to do it, but I need to put the Firebird up for sale. I don't have the time for it and I could use the cash too (just married).. I've got $3500 into it and but I am offering to TS members for $3000. Per my agreement, I did offer it to WXO first, who decided not to add another to his stable.

Here's the breakdown. I bought it from WXO's neighbor for $1k. WXO spent about $1k in parts and love getting it road ready for Ohio. The delivery was $500 (which I am eating). Since then, I've installed a 3" single exhaust, new seats, and stage 2 chip. Ready to be installed (and go with the car) is a 4.10 posi rear axle, aluminum driveshaft, and underdrive pulleys.

Drop me a line if you're interested. Otherwise, I think I'll have to Craigslist it.
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Sheeesh, another one bites the dust.
Getting married, yea, so... just kidding. Congrats.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Well, the Formula 350 has been sold. A guy named Bob from Wellington (near Ashland) drove out yesterday to look at it and picked it up tonight. He hurt his back and had to sell his motorcycle. So he was looking for something to tinker with and spit n polish. They had looked at quite a few that all had some sort of problem plus his kid has an 87 too. So it was a good match and I pretty much broke even.

Special thanks to TS's dad who helped notarize the deal.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Did the guy who bought it, was a a pretty big dude in a red shirt? If so, I saw him driving the car around Mayfield, looking like he was trying to find the freeway.

-Dave
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

That's him. He said it was a nice, smooth ride home.
wxo

Post by wxo »

Matt, it sounds like you found the ol' girl a good home. I think she has a lot of fun miles left in her.

By the way, best of luck on your new status in life as a married man.