1999 Buick Regal GS

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The service engine light is different than the service vehicle lights and most code readers won't pick up on body codes brought on by the service vehicle light. When my service vehicle light comes on, so do the trac off and abs lights. Somewhere I read about a bad wiring harness to the VSS, but I think before I do any more, I'm going to try and find a body code scanner to tell me what's wrong. Apparently there's about 20 different things to make all these lights come on. It's stupid.

I think the water I had was from sitting in that huge rain storm last week, which "should" be fixed by my little RTV experiment. If it works, I'll show you what I did. It only took about 20 minutes.

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I know I wrote this before in the blog, but did you check the wire by the passenger side fender well??? When mine did this, just a small 10 min de-rusting & I was in business. Also, my car does not leak into the cab, but after a heavy rain will leak water for hours on the driveway from underneath the car. I thought one time it was coolant, but turns out it is just rain water getting stored somewhere in the frame? The car seems to hook up better after a rainstorm. I like to think of it as traction ballast!!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I haven't checked that wire yet, but will soon...

-BP