Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Canfield 2009

Post by MostMint »

Events are
May 1-3
July 17-19
Sept 18-20

Right now I am planning to sell in the July event. Spaces are $45. There is some fine print about a $10 electric cost, hopefully since I don't use their electricity I won't have to pay it.

www.autoevents.com or 330-477-5806
MostMint

Selling on the 18th

Post by MostMint »

The truck is loaded up and ready to go. Need to update my price list. I'm going to try and be there around 6:30 AM - should get a pretty good spot.

I have Tiresmokers grill so if you want to save a couple $ bring some food to grill. I'll have a cooler.

BP is bringing condiments and hopefully the tent.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Tent? You're camping out?

Don't forget the iiiiiiiiiiiiiii-ce!

-Dave
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

No its more of a canopy - like a 10x10 to stay out of the sun.

Actually considered buying some ICE from the iceman. There is no way to translate what he says into letters.
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

This year did quite well selling stuff. Profit was over $850 for the event. The big ticket item was the eight-pack which I had planned to keep forever. Then last year I decided it was time to go. After some hard negotiating it fetched $600.

The weather was less than optimal on Saturday - lots of places had rain and it probably scared off some customers. Had 12 sales on Sat and 9 on Sun. Truck still seemed quite full on the way back but I saw alot of stuff go.

Thanks again to Tiresmoker for loaning me the truck and the grill and for BP with the canopy tent.

We had 5 tiresmokers there on Sat when Racin Jacin stopped by to visit. I forgot to bring my camera to capture it and our regular photographer was out of it from his recent Vegas trip and did not bring his either.

I'll have more to sell next year methinks. In my mind some of this stuff needs to go to craigslist but I don't know how well I can execute that plan.

My kids were eager to help load before and unload and store afterward I may bring them to the event next year.
-BP[/quote]