Carlisle 2009 - Spring Meet

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

IF 'smoke is on two wheels, then he would have to put his gormet cooking equipment in transit on the big red truck much earlier in the week or something. Probably something.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

TireSmoker wrote:I'm not saying it won't be longer -- google maps calls the usual route 5 hours, and the 2-lane route 7 hours. I'm figuring real world, it'll be an hour longer.

We'll have to make the call on weather on Thursday night, though. Call me when you get back from AK and we'll talk about it.

They say getting there is half the fun, right? :)

-Dave
Smoker ..... I will call you Wednesday PM and set something up, weather-based. Pray for sun!!! GM
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting and spending time with Tiresmokers at Carlisle. Thanks for inviting me, hauling my stuff (incl bucket seats) in the wagon, and letting me mooch lunches. Thanks, Paul, for the Holleys. Had a great time and picked up some hard to find Maverick parts and transplants. I'll start a project thread on the Maverick. Jim
Maverick
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It was great to have you Jim! We all had a great time (even the TireSmoker himself after drying out). There should be a few good pictures and videos to come soon.

-BP
Fred32v

the last breakfast

Post by Fred32v »

After two very full days at the Spring Carlisle swap meet, it was time for a last group breakfast
and then goodbye with another year in the books.
From left around the table, WXO, Maverick Jim, Tiresmoke, Malibu_69, Mostmint, CamaroBob,
BasementPaul, the hat is Fred32v, and GMJohnny was already on his way home.
What a great time, weather was outstanding and there were tons of old cars and old car parts.
More posting as time goes along. Can Carlisle 2010 come soon enough?! :D
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Here's the arrival of smoker and GM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_K6fUULzYk

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Impala SS and the Silverado in the tunnel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUwLCas3XrY

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Whoa - cameras are everywhere.

I'm good.

I won't soon forget my April sunburn and the 85 degree temps, and how much better that was than the cold and rainy year we had last time at spring Carlisle. 8)
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Despite running out of steam a little early on Saturday, I had a great time as well. The first part of Friday was pretty terrible, but I gotta say the ride home today made up for it.
wxo

Wreck

Post by wxo »

We were stopped for about 40 minutes on the way home. This happened about 4 cars ahead of us. The car in the picture tangled with a Crown Vic police car. Amazingly, no fatalities.

Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Maverick wrote:Can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting and spending time with Tiresmokers at Carlisle. Thanks for inviting me, hauling my stuff (incl bucket seats) in the wagon, and letting me mooch lunches. Thanks, Paul, for the Holleys. Had a great time and picked up some hard to find Maverick parts and transplants. I'll start a project thread on the Maverick. Jim
Seller said my seats were '88 Mustang. Don't think so. Can't find any Mustang seats that look like this.

Guy on the Maverick Forum thinks they're Camaro. OK you Chevy guys, what say you? I think they might be these http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/camar ... ement.aspx

I couldn't care less if they're Mustang or Camoro. They're small, light, comfortable and a terrific bargain. Just need to know what they are when I order upholstery. Maybe I should take them apart and look for some part numbers.
Maverick
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

The first thing I said when I saw them was they were from a 3rd generation Camaro. I find it interesting that your link is for 87-92 Camaro. Make sure you compare to the 82-86 Camaro. I owned several of these so I'll see if I can dig up any pics.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

'82-'85 Seats

'87-'92 Seats

Stitching looks more like '87-'92. For sure they ARE Camaro seats. I'll look for some part numbers. Thanks.
Maverick
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

mustang? camaro? it's all the same right?
Matt Sutter