Carlisle 2009 - Spring Meet

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Spring Carlisle 2009

Post by Fred32v »

Preliminary

We are staying at the SUPER 8. We will have two luxurious non-smoking rooms for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Youth in one room and older fellows in the other.
Early discussions have WXO traveling alone and arriving Thursday for dinner. I will be traveling alone, also arriving Thursday for dinner.
BasementPaul and CamaroBob will be arriving Thursday, arrivial still undetermined. GMJohnny, Tiresmoke, Tony, and Mostmint
will be traveling Friday early AM, arriving in time to prepare lunch. XeroxBill will let me know later and will require a ride.
If your not one of the eight already mention and you can go, send me an email and your in.
The rooms are available and a ride can probably be provided. The more the merrier!

Super 8 Motel
1800 Harrisburg Pike,
Carlisle, Pa. 17015
1 - (717) 249-7000

Thursday 04/23, Friday 04/24, Saturday 04/25/09
2 non-smoking rooms
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I did take Thursday off, so I'll be going during the day also. Who's going with who is yet to be determined. If 32v finds a copilot, CamaroBob and I will drive separately (four people in an ext cab truck is too many for five hours), otherwise, we'll most likely ride up in the big red bomber.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I know I had casually mentioned in the past about riding the Suzuki to Carlisle. If the weather looks solid as that weekend approaches, I may give this more serious consideration. I could get the grill and a bag of stuff to BP or Fred32v ahead of time.

I punched in Chesterland to Carlisle on Google Maps, checking the options to "avoid tolls" and "avoid highways". 7 hours sure would be a fun day. However, it also said it would take me 2 hours to get to Mid-Ohio and it was nowhere near that. Has there ever been a motorcycle ridden to Carlisle? Could be a first. :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 460205&z=8

Only 7 miles difference between this route and the turnpike-route.

I am by no means committed to this -- just sorta thinking out loud.

-Dave

edit, alternate route: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 515625&z=8
Last edited by TireSmoker on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I think the estimates presume you are moving at posted speed limits 8)
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I think it will be too early in the year to commit to that ride. The weather and temps will be very questionable. The other problem is that the only truck we have will be FILLED with swap meat junk, so there's no free ride home if the weather goes bad. I plan to buy a lot of crap!

-BP
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

I am 50 / 50 for my attendance. I will let you know next week, hopefully Monday. I'll leave out my sob story as no one wants to hear it. Anyway, if I come I will bring my son Alex and leave at my sister-in-law's with her 3 kids (so he can hang with the cousins for a few days). We would drive up late Tuesday or during the day Wednesday, so I could leave with you guys Thursday ( I can even drive to Carlisle I suppose if the need be).
Matt Sutter
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

I haven't seen the LOOOONNNNGGG term weather forcast, but as of now I still have a seat left in the Vette, and about half of a glove box size of room left to carry things in. I do have a trailer that the red truck could pull if we think it is necessary. (?) We could just lay the bike down on its side and bungee it to that if the weather gets bad!!!
wxo

Loooonnnnngggggg term weather

Post by wxo »

Here's a 15 day forecast. Is that loonnnngggg term enough?

http://snipurl.com/fxs67 [www_accuweather_com]
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

According to that llllooooonnnnggggg term forcast, I am driving my vette!!
Hopefully it will hold out. The GS is getting jealous!!!
wxo

Men, synchronize your cameras.

Post by wxo »

I'm finally getting around to working with the pictures from Truck Carlisle last year. Since I'm trying to synchronize all the photos from the various cameras, I find that some of the cameras don't have their dates and times correct. So, this year I politely ask that you take a few minutes before you leave to make sure the date and time are correct on your cameras. Time is gettin' short and I'm getting anxious to get going.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

GMJohnny wrote:According to that llllooooonnnnggggg term forcast, I am driving my vette!!
Hopefully it will hold out. The GS is getting jealous!!!
You got any interest in changing it up and taking the 2 lane route that I'm gonna take on the bike?

-Dave
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Smoker, That may not be too bad of an idea. If you think it will take almost the same amount of time, I am game. I am going to Vegas to see AKRover till Sunday, so I won't be able to reply, but early next week, once we have a definitive weather forcast, we can set it up. If it is crummy weather, what is the plan?? GMJ
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I'm not saying it won't be longer -- google maps calls the usual route 5 hours, and the 2-lane route 7 hours. I'm figuring real world, it'll be an hour longer.

We'll have to make the call on weather on Thursday night, though. Call me when you get back from AK and we'll talk about it.

They say getting there is half the fun, right? :)

-Dave
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Leave very early or you might be late for the luncheon specials. :lol:
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Fred32v wrote:Leave very early or you might be late for the luncheon specials. :lol:
Maybe we should eat breakfast late unless you are bringing the grill