Charlotte Autofair Fall 2008

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Charlotte Autofair Fall 2008

Post by wxo »

Two friends and I drove down to Charlotte yesterday to the Fall swap meet.
I think the threat of Hurricane Hanna prevented a big turnout of vendors and attendees. We had a great weather day. It was partly cloudy and cool for most of the day with serious clouds rolling in during the late afternoon. It didn't matter much because we were worn out from walking anyway. Even though the show was much smaller than we've seen before (almost no vendors outside Lowes Motor speedway) it still offered plenty to keep us busy for the day. The interior of the speedway was full of vendors. The car corral around the track had plenty of great cars, but the high prices were too impractical for most of us.
I scored big time in finding a seat for my truck. It is a '94 F150 bench seat with a brand new factory seat upholstery set from Ford. It has a fold down center armrest and dual power inflatable lumbar supports as a bonus. Since the seat on display was red, but the well prepared vendor had blue/grey factory seat kits right there. He gave a seminar while he removed the red upholstery to show me how it's done. I came home with the bare seat frame and foam, a bag full of parts and the new upholstery kit. It will be interesting to see how well I can remember to put it all back together. The vendor offered phone support if I run into any snags.
To top it all off, he promised to find and ship some shoulder belts to me.
For legal reasons, most vendors and junk yards will not sell used seat belts.
Unfortunately, I couldn't match the $15 price tag of the seat I missed in Carlisle, but I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

Weather update:
Tropical Storm Hanna should be passing through Raleigh during the day today. I awoke to a steady rain this morning. I think it has been raining most of the night.
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Can't wait to see the step by step pictures of the process. :wink:
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!