Mustang GT

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

markss327

Mustang GT

Post by markss327 »

I found myself lookin' at an 08 Mustang GT yesterday. Actually drove one at Classic. 5spd. Loved it.
If I had a five figure offer on the Nova... :shock: I think mid life crisis is setting in. :roll:
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

What's not to love? Those cars are sweet!

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Please make sure you really want to buy a Ford before proceeding.

I am guessing the GTO body style does not impress you, the Vette is too expensive, and the Camaro is too far in the future.

How would the GT be better than your Nova? Are those things worth the extra $18 grand you would have to pay to get it? I really liked the new Mustang too until I became convinced that the only way it was better than the 4th gen SS Camaro was the cool retro body style, and that was not worth the extra $ to me.

Did you want a new car? I certainly know how much fun a new car with power is - no maintenance issues. Just get in and go fast.
markss327

Post by markss327 »

I am guessing the GTO body style does not impress you, the Vette is too expensive, and the Camaro is too far in the future.
EXACTLY.
Like ya took the words right out of my mouth...
I've never owned a Ford product before in my life. Never. The Mustang wins out over the 'Vette on price and a back seat - even if it's for aesthetics only. Danny could actually fit back there. I'm guessing the 'Stang is cheaper to insure.
I presented the scenario to Colleen, and, well, I didn't get a negative response. Just not a positive one either. Danny said, "I'm OK with that"!!!

A lot of things would have to fall into place for this to happen. The sale of the Nova, for one. And I'm not actively pursuing that.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!