TRP on Sunday August 7th

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm only going on the 14th... Too much stuff to do to make my truck faster before then. :twisted:

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Why, is it that slow to begin with? :lol:
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

There's a chance that I'll have to concede the cheeseburger trophy by way of forfeit. Without searching for a buyer, I have a guy (friend of my brother in law) coming to look at the F150 tomorrow. So if I sell it, I'll owe Mark a cheeseburger. But since I'll have a pocket full of money, I won't mind too much.

But in case I don't sell it, I still think the Ford will be First On Race Day.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's on!!

The guy bought somewhere else so I'm in...

-BP
markss327

Post by markss327 »

I'm ready man....

5.0 Blue Oval vs 5.9 Magnum Mopar. You know what I can run. :lol:
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I wanna see some 'pinks' style negotiations going on here..
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I am waiting for some mods - who will show up with 24" diameter tires? who will get the K&N? Mark don't you have a cap - how much does that weigh? Not to mention the spare?

How about a hacker, or nitrous - well that might be a little much for a cheeseburger bet.

Plus, it's not Sunday yet - Paul might sell it before then.
markss327

Post by markss327 »

No pinks here, this is my daily driver. Just a good gentlemens bet. :D
The Dodge has a K&N, and it's been there since 40k. Could probably stand to be cleaned. Also, I've got an exhaust system advantage. Very low back pressure, custom cat-back, duel glass packs, exiting just forward of the passenger rear tire - aka NASCAR style.

I figure the cap weights 150-175lbs. All in all, Paul has 200-300lbs weight advantage. I think Paul says the Dodge comes in at a hefty 4800lbs - not sure. But I have a slight gearing advantage. I'm not gona do anything special to go any faster - unless Paul pulls his spare tire - then I'll have to do same.

I'm predicting a Magnum Mopar run of 16.98 to a Blue Oval 17.3
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

:(
Ford = Loser
Mopar = Winner

Mark's predictions were pretty much right on the money with the Dodge pulling an unexpected 16.86 out of his hat and the F-150 ending up with a low 17.3 pass.

We were rained out after three passes, but there was no way I was getting .3 faster without NOS or maybe the bed falling off...

I think with a better rearend gear and the same style exhaust, the Ford would take the cheeseburger, but that's probably never going to happen. So for now, the Mopar is the full size truck champion of the group...but the mini-truck title is still mine.

-BP
markss327

Post by markss327 »

We got rainchecks for September 25th. If all goes well, the mighty 406 SBC will be in attendance. My deadline to myself - is to drive this puppy on my birthday, 9-21. I'll keep ya'll updated on my build progress.