Carlisle 2008

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Well that sucks to hear Matt. I hope everything works out as good as it can for you.

-Dave
Fred32v

Wagon Freshing Up

Post by Fred32v »

With one of the year's highlites coming up, it was about time to freshen up the old Carlisle Wagon.
A quick heavy coat of spreckled paint in the bed and 30 psi in the tires and it's ready to haul.

ImageImage

Gettin' ready to ring the "Purchase Bell"!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Forecast for Friday and Saturday is about 80 degrees with a slight chance of rain both days. Not too bad so far.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Test-n-Tune for the Grill

Post by TireSmoker »

I successfully completed the first fire-up and break-in of the new grill. I didn't want to show up with an unproven grill, so I cooked myself a steak on it last night and it came out great. It was a valuable session, though, as I found the warming rack to be in the way, so it was removed.

The previous grill is probably ok, but I had problems with the gas valve when I used it this past winter.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Invetory list...

Post by Basement Paul »

I have 16 hamburgers, cheese, and buns. One bag of chips, and ketchup and mustard. If someone brings hot dogs or chicken, that will get us through the weekend of grilling in the school parking lot.

Tiresmoker, you in charge of the Captain?

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I think I'll make a run to WalMart or someplace on Thu night to acquire the necessary hot dog inventory. 24 dogs?
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

So its over already!

I checked the book about the meet and it estimated 2000 trucks. Not as many as there are Vettes, but a very interesting mix of trucks. Semi's, monster trucks, military, low riders, rods, and some fast trucks too.

Quite a few stories from this one. If it was not for the 3 AM Sunday fire alarm/wakeup call I might remember more of them. Did you guys get your shoes cleaned up yet?

BTW I'm wondering if you guys need to oil those Green filters before installing them - either that or Jason took you for a ride

I took almost 80 pics. Here's a sample:

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

I don't have any of the group - that'll be up to Fred32v. :wink:
Fred32v

All Truck Nationals results

Post by Fred32v »

Once again our Carlisle trip was great fun and filled with new experiences, both at the All Truck Nationals and back at Super 8.
All types and style of trucks, really large and high to very small and low, very fast and very slow, but two days full of fun.
They say a picture is worth a 1000 words, my interpretation of the saying was to take a thousand pictures, but I only got to 467.
Here are a few, you’ll have to wait for the movie to see them all.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Our trip next year will be to the “2009 GM Nationals @ Carlisle” which is in June, the 26th through the 28th.
Our deluxe rooms have already been reserved, so mark you calendars.
Fred32v
Fred32v

Green High Performance Air Filters

Post by Fred32v »

In response to Mostmint's concern about oiling the green filters.

Green High Performance Air Filters come pretreated with a specically-formulated dirt-trapping oil.
This oil creates a positive(+) magnetic charge, or ionic bond, with the filter's coated mesh. the positive charge
attacts the negatively(-) charged dust particles entering the filter, causing them to cling to the steel mesh and
allowing the cotton to remain clear for maximum air flow.
Green High Performance Air Filters come pre-oiled, so they're ready to use right out of the box!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

All-in-all, we purchased 4 filters, WXO's Jeep, BasementPaul's S10, GMJohn's Vette and my Silverado.
Jason was a great sport allowing us to have a fun time while attempting to negotiate some swap meet pricing.
Fred32v
MostMint

Re: All Truck Nationals results

Post by MostMint »

Fred32v wrote:Our trip next year will be to the “2009 GM Nationals @ Carlisle” which is in June, the 26th through the 28th.
Our deluxe rooms have already been reserved, so mark you calendars.
Please specify first floor, if you have not done so already. :)

DONE! :D
Fred32v
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

We have a bit of a problem. Apparently I wasn't paying too much attention if or when we talked about the dates of the GM show as it falls right smack on my anniversary (6/27). I'm not saying we should change the show we go to, but my existence at that show might be in question...

This sucks, and is very bad timing for me as this seems like the most logical for our group.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Just remind Amy that there was already a wedding at Carlisle, so an anniversary should be no big deal! :lol:

-Dave
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

That's too bad. If its a definite no, then speak up now. Maybe we can do the Corvette show again in 09, or the spring event, or ?

Maybe we could see if Nyerges races somewhere halfway between OH and NC and go watch one of those events.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm going to go with no right now, as I'm pretty smart, and just don't need the hassle that would go along with it.

I would lean more toward a bigger swap meet and less show as we haven't done a full swap meet in a couple years. But either way, I'll have fun at any event, no matter what it is.

-BP
Fred32v

Other Choices

Post by Fred32v »

If we don't go to the GM Nationals, there are 3 other choices.

I've excluded the Bike Fest, Corvettes @ Carlisle and the All Truck Nationals since we've done those.
I don't think I could go to the All-Chryster Natonals or the Carlisle Performance & Style (tuner crowd).

1) Spring Carlisle Swap Meet & Corral Wed. Apr 22 - Sun Apr 26.
.......We would arrive Thu evening leaving Sun, Possible rainy weather, but this is huge!

2) Carlisle All-Ford Nationals Fri jun 5 - Sun Jun 7.
.......Same schedule Thu leaving Sun Nice weather, not huge.

3) Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet & Corral Fri Oct 2 - Sat Oct 3.
.......Same schedule Thu leaving Sun OK weather, only two days.

I like Fords and the weather at the Ford Meet, so that would work for me.
I like the Spring Meet, because it won't be such a long wait but weather could be an issue.
I like the Fall Meet since it's not too crazy since it is only two days and the weather might not be bad.

I'm open to any of these three, if someone has a serious preference, it should be considered.
Also if you couldn't do Ford, say so and we 'll do Spring or fall.

I'd like to keep us together and also pickup some of the folks who could not make it this year.

Tell me what you think so I can change the reservations pretty soon. :?

Maybe some other big meet between here and Raleigh?
Last edited by Fred32v on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred32v