Carlisle 2008

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

There are no large Swap meets in Virginia or West Virginia.

Has anyone every been to Hershey, Pa. They have a big meet.
I'll look into that also, but Carlilse does provide a comfort level.
More thoughts please.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Ther are also always GoodGuys events.

http://www.good-guys.com/events/eventsL ... ?year=2008
Matt Sutter
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Is there any interest in going back to the Charlotte AutoFair, Spring or Fall?
Travel Thu, return Sun.

Spring Meet Apr 2 Thu - Apr 5 Sun 2009
Fall Meet Sep 10 Thu - Sep 13 Sun 2009
Fred32v
wxo

Post by wxo »

I'm gonna sit back and let the working class whittle down the list some before I put in my two cents.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

We could plan for spring Carlisle, and cancel at 48 hrs or 72 hrs (whatever the cutoff is) if the weather looks bad. then reschedule for fall and tough it out whatever the weather.

I like the summer Canfield meet, and I will sell there again whether we do this or not. The bad thing about this is WXO has the long drive.

I would also like the Corvette event again.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I don't like the canceling thing as I would have the time taken from work already at that point. If we're going to go, we just plan for whatever the weather brings.

I would do the Ford meet, but I'm afraid a lot of the group wouldn't want that. That being the case, I like the Fall meet the best.

If we did a Canfield weekend, we could go racing at 42 on Friday night. Do the swap meet (selling / buying) on Saturday. Go cruising Saturday night (dinner). Maybe finish up Sunday at the swap meet. But for the same reason I wouldn't want to go to the Charlotte show, I'm guessing wxo wouldn't want to make the trip to Ohio. If we did the local (for us) thing, we'd have to make sure we were all committed to it though as that's the fun of Carlisle.

Whatever we do, please no more poop in the hall.

-BP
wxo

Post by wxo »

If it were up to me alone, I'd vote for the Ford meet for selfish reasons (I own a Ford and the weather should be more predictable). Other than that, I don't have a preference over either the Spring or Fall meet.

Just as an aside, Jim Arnold and I are planning to spend a day at the Fall Charlotte Auto Fair in September.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Not to be a party-pooper, but I have pretty much zero interest in the Ford meet. Granted, Carlisle for me is more about hanging out than the actual meet, but I'd rather do Fall or Spring than Ford.

-Dave
wxo

Post by wxo »

Randi has been lurking on this thread and she said this morning that she will be happy to go to Ford Carlisle with me if no one else wants to go. Does it get any better'n that?
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Hi Randi. You set the bar high for all the female companions of all of us Tiresmokers.

BTW Tiresmoker, I am not keen on the Ford meet either but I bet we would spend less money there. I wonder if they would let us in?
Fred32v

Spring Carlisle?

Post by Fred32v »

Tilting toward the SPRING CARLISLE 2009, April 22-26,2009, Wednesday through Sunday.
Probably arrive Thursday as usual, any serious concerns? There is always the Fall.
Fred32v