Sunday Nov 18th @ 42

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Sunday Nov 18th @ 42

Post by Basement Paul »

There's two weekends left to give it a shot at good times. I plan again to try to make it this Sunday. The gates open at 11am. The forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy and 44 degrees. This looks like a good shot for good times.

Stories to watch- will the S-10 break into the low 15's?
Will mostmint's Vette make it down the track clean and keep up with BP's S-10?
Will Fred32v try to make it into the 100mph club, and get his T-shirt?
Will MarkSS327 be able to get a 12.999???
Will the Rookie be able to get the SS into the 13.7's with his new found ability to launch?

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

The Vette will be there. Thinking about putting a video camera on board.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Saturday at 42 - the 24th

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm going to try again tomorrow in the truck, and if that doesn't work, I'll try again on sunday. The forcast for tomorrow is partly cloudy and 42 degrees!

-BP
Fred32v

Early Report

Post by Fred32v »

Here is an early picture from the Dragway 42 web cam showing the two combatants beginning to stage up for their duel.
Temperature about 40 degrees.

BasementPaul ran a career best with this S10, a very nice 15.20 seconds at 89.2mph. Great time for a pretty much stock V6.
However, MostMint's 1975 Vette also ran it's all time best of 14.88 seconds at 92 mph. Smiles all around!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Fred32v

Early Report

Post by Fred32v »

Here is an early picture from the Dragway 42 web cam showing the two combatants beginning to stage up for their duel.
Temperature about 40 degrees.

BasementPaul ran a career best with this S10, a very nice 15.20 seconds at 89.2mph. Great time for a pretty much stock V6.
However, MostMint's 1975 Vette also ran it's all time best of 14.88 seconds at 92 mph. Smiles all around!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Yeah, I'd say I'm more than satisfied with the 15.20. It would seem that the new y-pipe has done it's job. The truck is more than .4 faster than it's best and almost three mph faster. I may have given up a couple hundreths in the 60ft department, but I'd say it's more than worth the tradeoff. I was a in a bit of dismay when on our first pass, with nearly identical reaction times, the Corvette of mostmint, drove away from me from mid track on. In fact, until I got my timeslip, I was a bit worried...

I backed up my 15.20, with a .21 and a .22.

After the racing, I put on the winter tires, which are actually a set of 80's camaro wheels off of the '79 Trans Am.

There was a '79 trans am at the track in black primer with the same wheels I intend to put on mine. Seeing this one tells me that black primer is not the way I want to go with mine. Definitely need to paint it.

Here's some pics from today...

-BP