online videos of whatever

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Re: online videos of whatever

Post by Basement Paul »

It sounds amazing under WOT.

-BP
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

WHAT TO DO/RIDE IN A SNOW STORM....IF YOU LIKE MODEL TRAINS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxV4ShEGSfM&t=146s
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

The pass around the outside of the Norfolk Southern was pretty exciting.. :-) I did like the rising/falling grades, too.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

And that Paxton Y block stuff was really interesting too. Never realized they ran them in NASCAR. Sounded really good.
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

The amount of time people invest in their layouts blows my mind! This guy has so much track
and, while running, you can’t see it. It’s kind of a shame! I know space constraints and the
cool factor lends itself to stacking your layout like this, but what does he do if there’s a derailment
under there??!!

GM
wxo

Post by wxo »

It looks like to me like the designer of this layout didn't plan to landscape the unseen parts of the layout. Do you think he experienced an aw-sh_t moment when he started up the Go-Pro and sent the video out to the world?
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I think everything is accessible when sitting on the floor, under the layout. He's got some other videos that detail his layout's construction. I think he just took video of his Reverse Loop. There's much more to his layout than what we see here. This guy is originally from Avon Lake and is somewhat interesting. He's got a Supra that's somewhat modified and is a show car now. I'm not sure if Drum Major is the correct title, but when he was at OSU, he got to dot the I in Script Ohio....and wore a funny hat.

Also, I don't know anyone who has ever done scenery inside a mountain or tunnel before....beyond what the naked eye could see. Until Go Pros came out, this wasn't very common. Now, you can actually buy a car with some type of blue tooth camera on it....for the front and back of the train.

Pretty cool stuff, though.
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I think everything is accessible when sitting on the floor, under the layout. He's got some other videos that detail his layout's construction. I think he just took video of his Reverse Loop. There's much more to his layout than what we see here. This guy is originally from Avon Lake and is somewhat interesting. He's got a Supra that's somewhat modified and is a show car now. I'm not sure if Drum Major is the correct title, but when he was at OSU, he got to dot the I in Script Ohio....and wore a funny hat.

Also, I don't know anyone who has ever done scenery inside a mountain or tunnel before....beyond what the naked eye could see. Until Go Pros came out, this wasn't very common. Now, you can actually buy a car with some type of blue tooth camera on it....for the front and back of the train.

Pretty cool stuff, though.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

the technology to do a big loop and return on the same line is pretty cool, and the effort to get that all set up is noteworthy. While the underside aesthetics are unfinished the whole thing looks well put together and way above anything I'd ever even considered.

I was thinking shouldn't there be a light on the front of that train?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Blue_69_malibu wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:33 pm WHAT TO DO/RIDE IN A SNOW STORM....IF YOU LIKE MODEL TRAINS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxV4ShEGSfM&t=146s
Or make your way out to this place: https://youtu.be/7vIg05Bgedg
-BP[/quote]
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

I'm game if anyone wants to meet up there. It's really cool/huge/impressive.....what ever superlative you'd like to use.

I think Fred took some of Amy's kids there two years ago.....but I could be wrong.

It's awesome!

I took two of the nephews there the day after Christmas this year. The weather was nice and there was no salt on the roads....so we took the Chevelle. :)
Blue_69_malibu

WHERE'S THE BEEF!!!

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

MostMint

Post by MostMint »

world's fastest street car? Mint one owner car!

https://youtu.be/DY7qBQeESoQ
-BP[/quote]
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

A look back at the 1970s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31_Iudf_kPI

Give it some time. This video gets pretty interesting, IMHO....with some interesting points of view.

While I still consider myself (and Dave and Paul) children of the '80s, I still look back at much of the late 1970s very positively.

Hell....I was spending time with several members of this Site during this time. It's been a great ride, fellas!!!
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

300 HP Corolla from TRD. Oh no

https://youtu.be/uviedbtyJy8
-BP[/quote]