Summer Canfield

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Summer Canfield

Post by Basement Paul »

We are thinking about getting a space (or two) for Summer Canfield to sell stuff at. If you have some interest in sharing space to peddle some of your goods, post it here and maybe we can make an outing out of it, and make a little money off-loading some extra stuff laying around.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Here's a bunch of info for the weekend.

I plan to show up for Saturday and Sunday if necessary. I already have a most of my truck (or large trunk) full of stuff that's ready to sell:

July 6,7,8.
Swap Meet Vendor Info - Canfield
Required Ohio Transient Vendor license We will not run out of outdoor spaces, you can PAY CASH at the gate the weekend of the show!
No Refunds on cancellations
SPACES (*Outdoor-subject to climate conditions) & Indoor spaces: BOTH are subject to ANY and or ALL kinds of changes beyond our control-No refunds!
No Checks at gate
NO "ONE DAY" or "TWO DAY" FEES Vendor Setup: Dave & Ed's/Canfield
Thur: Noon to 6 pm
Fri: 6 am to 7 pm
Sat: 6 am
Sun: 7:30 am
*We Reserve the Right to fill empty spaces after 8am Sat/Sun!
Indoor 9'x9'or less approx Outdoor 15'x30' approx One vehicle pass, includes 2 person (wristband required)

They did note on the site that they will NOT run out of vendor spaces.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

How is this going to go? Are you planning to be there Sat and Sun? Leave the stuff overnight?

Is anyone else interested?

I'll need to work out how to get my stuff there since I don't have a truck.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I figure since we only get one car pass per lot, we'll have to do some shuffling of goods or passes between vehicles. Maybe you can coax 32V to get 442's trailer and swing by your place for an early AM pick up. If there are more than three or four guys, we could probably get two spots.

I'd say a necessity will be a collection of tarps, a couple tables, and if anyone has a small tent of some sort for purposes of shade. Small grill and a large cooler will be good too.

If we cover our goods up overnight, I would think they'd be safe until AM Sunday's arrival. I certainly don't plan on spending the night.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Preliminary list of items:

91 Camaro steering column - wheel and tilt are good
91 Camaro dash
91 Camaro dash pad
85 Camaro dash, rear bumper cover, front bumper cover/headlights/support, front bumper, elec fan, shifter, frt lisc plate bracket, wiring harnesses, other misc
Set of 4 gold IROC Camaro wheels with P215/65R15 Hoosier tires and center caps, plenty of tread left
Pair of used M&H DOT legal slicks 11" wide for 15" rims
One new tailpipe for late 70's TA
Quad 4 cam towers with cams
Quad 4 oil pan, pump and pickup
30,000 btu kerosene heater
3rd gen Camaro axles (4)
Assorted GM hubcaps
GM 19" clutch fan and clutch
Six blade flex fan 19" - fits Chevy
Cheap set of jumper cables

I have reserved a section in the garage where I am staging these items. I am borrowing tiresmoker's truck to get it all there. I expect he'll have a few items in there he wants to have us sell.

Tomorrow I'll probably revisit all the storage areas and see what else I want to take.
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Well it's over. By my best estimate we grossed almost $2400 in sales in two days. Tiresmoker sold almost everything he had. BasementPaul sold the motorcycle and a bunch of other stuff. I sold about 2/3 of my stuff by value - too bad it was a 1/3 or less of the volume. John sold a nice chunk of stuff, we even sold some parts for Kevin. We did bring a bunch home and leave a small pile by the trash bin.

I had a lot of fun hanging out and selling parts. Also had some fun engineering the tent/lean-to. Used a painting extension pole, tree pruner and a copper pipe for poles, used the trailer as the back half, some leftover rope from prior swap meets, and some tree stakes to tie it off.

Our spaces were like 10' by 80' (we had two side by side). The pics are from Sun AM after a busy day of selling on Saturday. We were at the far end from the gate but we had plenty of traffic on Saturday, and I know there are worse places to be at Canfield

Notes for next year/next time:
I should label all the stuff with prices - at least the items of $50 or more. I think I wasted Saturday on my IROC rims and tires because I did not have a price.

We should get a space facing north so the lean-to would give more shade.

Bring some basic tools and a tape measure. The tape measure was helpful in several sales.

Get there early Saturday to get better spaces. I was there at 6:40 AM and was able to get two adjacent spaces with little waiting. I am guessing the earlier the better spaces you can get.

Be prepared with prices as soon as you arrive. The feeding frenzy started before I even got the parts off the turck, and made several calls to get prices before I could even get unloaded.

Maybe we'll have enough parts built up to do it again next year.
-BP[/quote]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Yeah, I would call the weekend a success -- other than my sunburned shoulders!

My pics are on my camera which my mom has borrowed -- and she's out of town for a few days. I have some of the truck loaded up at Mostmint's on Friday night, and a few from early on Saturday.

-Dave