Bullrun on Spike TV

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Bullrun on Spike TV

Post by TireSmoker »

Have any of you guys seen the show Bullrun on Spike? It's sorta like Amazing Race (or Cannonball Run) in that they have to travel from city-to-city as quickly as possible, but it's also like a reality show where they have to compete using the cars in some sort of racing/driving competition once they get to their destination.

On the episode I saw, they had an 18-wheeler dragging these 4 flat 'boards' behind it. They had to drive up on the board with their wheel, which would snap it free from the 18-wheeler. If you went too far and snaped-free the board's tow rope, 15 second penalty.

Cars range from a '57 Chevy, '69 Charger, newer BMW M3, riced Civic, some guys from Texas in a F-150, father/daughter in a WS6 TransAm, Lotus Elise, etc. $200,000 to win the whole thing.

It's on Tuesday nights at 10pm, with various repeats on Sat/Sun. If you go to spiketv.com (with broadband) it looks like you can just watch the full episodes online.

Oh yeah, it's hosted by Goldberg.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

After watching a couple episodes of this, it's definitely thumbs-up.

-Dave
wxo

I'm hooked!

Post by wxo »

I watched the last episode on the website. Very entertaining. I wonder how long the wayward Mexicans will last.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

The Mexicans and the brothers from NY in the '75 W-30 aren't very good at navigating.

The driving challenges are definitely cool. Check out the slalom they do in episode 3.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

So, has anyone else been watching this? It's easily the coolest reality-TV show out there -- the fact that you can watch it commercial-free from their website is even better.

They're down to the final four -- '68 Charger, '75 Olds W-30, late model F-150 and 4th-gen Trans-Am..

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

So, has anyone else been watching this? It's easily the coolest reality-TV show out there -- the fact that you can watch it commercial-free from their website is even better.

They're down to the final four -- '68 Charger, '75 Olds W-30, late model F-150 and 4th-gen Trans-Am..

-Dave
wxo

Post by wxo »

when I had some spare time, I went back to the website to watch more and couldn't find the episodes anymore. It appeared to me that they removed them.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

wxo

Post by wxo »

Thanks, Dave. This is getting to be one of my favorite shows.