Dragway 42 KOI Dirt Drags 9-15-23

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Dragway 42 KOI Dirt Drags 9-15-23

Post by Basement Paul »

Last Friday I went to Dragway 42 for the dirt drags with the Vette. This time I made a couple modifications to help it hook up better off the launch in the dirt. I'll post those under projects. As I'm learning from racing at multiple venues now, all dirt tracks are not created equal. Where last weeks track was loose and rough, this track ended up as a solid hard pack. With the changes I made, I was able to carry 200lbs of sand in the back of the car, and since Andy came to watch, I threw him in the car for good measure. And with this setup, I was a consistent 2-3 tenths of a second quicker on every pass compared to last week, and the car basically was hooking up like it was on asphalt.
Again I raced the Street Gas 4.5 class which is basically an open class for 2wd, 4x4, street prepped vehicles with a 4.5 second index. With double elimination I lost twice in a row last week, but with a quicker car now, I was hoping for a better outcome. I lost my first race to a Raptor who was on the brakes for a 4.51. The next time around the competition was a no show, so I got a free pass there. Next round I raced a stock looking F-150 and got him on a holeshot. It was a 4.98 to his 4.82 and super close at the stripe. My next run was an old Dodge 4x4 stick shift monster that sounded pretty badass. I know I put a holeshot on him too, but he was much closer to the 4.5 number and got me by a half a car I would guess. That was the semi-final run basically because him and the Raptor ended up in the finals next. I think there were nine or so vehicles in that class.
The next class was 2wd V8 which is a street class too. Unfortunately there were only four vehicles in this class and I was definitely the fastest ET here. I got my revenge on the Raptor who was now running in 2wd mode. Sadly I went red on my first loss against her even though it wasn't necessary so we went back around and lined up in opposite lanes this time. No way I was going red this time as I was a solid .5 second faster than her. This time she went red and handed it to me. So I'm undefeated in my two 2wd outings and will be working on strategy and dirt speed over the winter as this will be the last dirt race for the year.

Here's a video:

https://youtu.be/zwwRuHDEhjk

-BP
Attachments
Me and Andy.jpg
C4 42 9-15-23.jpg
MostMint

Re: Dragway 42 KOI Dirt Drags 9-15-23

Post by MostMint »

Some pics
Attachments
1FEA8AE5-ECB0-4F94-B191-86483B9355DB.jpeg