Route 66 trip

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Route 66 trip

Post by TireSmoker »

I was going through my parents slides tonight, a bunch labeled "Western Trip, 1969" and found a few goodies. You can see the cowboy sign on the old Vegas strip.

If you want to see all of the slides I scanned, http://photos.studly.net/main.php/v/MomDadWesternTrip/

I bought this little Kodak film/slide scanner, Kodak Slide n Scan, and it is really slick. You just slide your slides through (or film) -- using another slide to push it through, and when it's centered on the screen, click the button, it scans your image to an SD card. If you have older slides you want to digitize, this is great way to do it. I watched the little video in the amazon listing and bought it immediately. Totally satisfied.

https://www.amazon.com/KODAK-Scanner-Co ... C91&sr=8-3

-Dave
Attachments
IMAG0057.JPG
IMAG0025.JPG
IMAG0008.JPG
wxo

Re: Route 66 trip

Post by wxo »

Well, Dave, you got me stoked up on scanning the hundreds of slides I have. I've tried it before on a flatbed scanner and it's tedious and time-consuming and the results were mediocre. Would you email me a couple of the jpegs that came out of your scanner? I'd like to see the output for myself.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Sent a few over to you Walt. I watched that video on Amazon, and seeing how easy it was to use, I bought it immediately. I had the same thoughts as you about flatbed scanners and other previous solutions -- tedious. This isnt perfect, but its easy enough.

Another neat feature -- you can set the date to whatever. If you know the timeframe of the stuff you're scanning (ie, my parents Sept 1969 roadtrip), you can set the date and I believe it will set the file date and the meta-data inside the file accordingly.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Cool pics. Your mom was stylin back in the day. Love the big convertible.

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

Who wants to jump in their old GM and drive out to the Hoover Dam this year?!
I love the hubcap GTO pic with the convertible top up and back window unzipped.
Air conditioning!

GM