Cleveland Auto Show

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Fred32v

Cleveland Auto Show

Post by Fred32v »

Cleveland Auto Show this week. BasementPaul, Johnny442, MostMint and I will be there on Friday about 6:00pm. See you there! Let us know if your coming.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
markss327

Post by markss327 »

I'll be in attendance, Saturday March 3rd, 11-5ish.
The '04 Avalanche will be providing the transportation, with its new found exhaust volume.
She's loud...... almost too loud - if there is such a thing....... :roll:
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Does the extra noise = extra power?? Why aren't there pictures in the "projects" section?

-BP
ttamrettus

Auto Show

Post by ttamrettus »

I was looking on the net and saw the new G8 GT. PRETTY COOL.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2289

But I think the Aussie version s even better.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...w?modelid=4006
Matt Sutter
markss327

Post by markss327 »

A nice V8, rear drive sedan. G8 GT in the mid $30s.
According to the article, there's a demand. Yea, it's us 30-50 year old guys with kids, (or in BP and Tiresmokers case, a dog) that must be wanting a performance sedan.

The ass end, still says (looks like), GTO - yuck.

Just my $.02
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I plan on being at the auto show with the rest of the gang tomorrow at 6.

I think the G8 is a cool car. Will there be a V6(supercharged?)/stickshift option for less money?

In reading that blog, they talk about Pontiac shifting over to predominately RWD and that the G8 shares the chassis with the Camaro. That's exactly what I want to see -- lots of parts interchangability.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

2 free tickets!

Post by TireSmoker »

I have an additional 2 free tickets for the auto show. Linda is picking me up downtown around 5:45 and we are going to the IX center from there. I imagine most of you will be there before we get there. If anyone wants them, call my cell phone today.

-Dave
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Well, any thoughts on the Car Show?
Here's my thoughts-
The Camaro looks nice, and if it's priced appropriately, it'll work.
The Pontiac G8 is nice. I like it.
The new GM Crossovers:
GMC Acadia / Buick Enclave / Saturn Outlook are great for those looking to upgrade from a minivan. I think they're a good idea.

I did the Jeep thing. Was about a 45 min wait. It was.... OK. :roll:

I passed on the Dodge run. Anybody try it?
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

It was interesting that they had moving displays (Jeep and Dodge). Both looked underwhelming to me. If I had to pick one I guess the Jep one would have been better since the incline looked pretty steep and the Jeep handled it OK.

The Dodge one I think I could have gotten a test drive faster and been at the controls myself.

It was nice to see the Camaro again. But how much can you add by showing a prototype convertible? Make the darn thing already.

It was interesting that Chevrolet would let you sit in the $75,000 Z06 but similarly priced Audi and Porshce were locked.

The HHR panel truck was interesting - not that I would buy one.

We sat in the STS-V and made a fuss over that since fred32v has been eyeing one.

I enjoyed looking at the cars but I saw nothing to make me want to open my wallet
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

MostMint wrote:It was interesting that they had moving displays (Jeep and Dodge). Both looked underwhelming to me. If I had to pick one I guess the Jeep one would have been better since the incline looked pretty steep and the Jeep handled it OK.

I enjoyed looking at the cars but I saw nothing to make me want to open my wallet
I agree. The Jeep one definately looked more interesting once we realized the Chargers probably werent even hitting the powerband. If I was buying a 'new' vehicle at this point, it'd only have 2 wheels instead of 4.

The G8 looks promising. I read this morning in Motor Trend that it will have a DOHC V6 base motor with about 260hp, and that the 6-speed manual will be available with it. I read it in a print edition of the magazine, but can't find the same online. I'm just happy that GM is pumping out all these new rear-drive cars in affordable price ranges. I figure I should own my first G8 in about 2012 or 2013. :-)

-Dave