Latest Wheels4Hope donation

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Latest Wheels4Hope donation

Post by wxo »

Up for sale is a 1953 Dodge 3/4 ton M-37 military truck.
Rust free NC vehicle!!

MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Wow. that should fetch some good coin. Does Wheels For Hope ever sell vehicles on ebay? I would think this would be a good one for that.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
wxo

Soft market for M-37 in NC

Post by wxo »

Based on some of our local research, a reasonable price for this particular vehicle is $1500. And we are having difficulty selling it for that. We would certainly like to get much more. I would think a rust free vehicle like this would be enticing to some of you folks up north. You should see the frame on this thing. No a speck of rust.
We don't want to use ebay because of the difficulties we've encountered with out of state sales. We don't have the people to take advantage of that marketplace. We just want to do right by the donor and get as much as we can with the resources we have.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

You could limit it to NC buyers only. If this really is a military vehicle it should fetch a lot more than $1500 (maybe I think old things are worth more than they really are). I guess we'll find out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1951-DOD ... dZViewItem

[/url]
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
wxo

Post by wxo »

I saw a complete running example of the M-37 on Ebay that was bid up to $3550, but was not sold because the reserve was not met. I also saw fully restored examples for around $40k in Hemmings, but a all the experts that I was able to talk to called those prices fantasies. These trucks are not for every day use in original condition. I'm told that 40 mph is tops for an original M-37. Not too much use on our modern highways. Anyway it is quite an interesting vehicle.
markss327

Post by markss327 »

What a cool ride. I'm really curious about this. Although, I'm not a prospective buyer. Sorry.
Is there a bed for this? Is it running?
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
wxo

Cool ride

Post by wxo »

The bed was removed when it was loaned to a NC Fire Dept. They mounted a water tank on it. There is a bed available near here for $300. This vehicle was running and inspected in 1995. I've been told that the current owner (a kid really) had tried to start it with ether a couple of times but failed. It has no water in the radiator and I think that's due to a leak. I think it can be coaxed to run with a little TLC. The engine looks to be in great shape on the outside. Things are not rusted up solid, etc. Carb looks very good. It should run if the inside is solid. It has the biggest generator you ever saw in your life. This is a 24 volt system. The voltage regulator is as big as a loaf of bread. I'd love to play with it and get it running. As it sits now, we have 2 interested parties. We'll see how that goes.
Fred32v

Motor?

Post by Fred32v »

It might be fun to see what a motor of that vintage looks like.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!