Software Update

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Software Update

Post by TireSmoker »

That's 'patina'.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I'm going to be changing the email hosting for tiresmoke.org. I'll probably change it over tonight. What does it mean for you? Hopefully, nothing. You should still get the same emails for topic notifications, etc. Please let me know if they look different or are flagged as spam. (after I cutover)

In a certain sense for me, tiresmoke is like a project car and this is one of *original* pieces that hasn't been swapped since the beginning. Since tiresmoke's inception, I hosted the email portion with Google, because it free, and it was Google-- no brainer. It was also the first time I had setup something like that, so when it was working it was sort of a "dont touch it". Well, after almost two decades, they started charging monthly. Beginning fall of last year, and between tiresmoke.org and my studly.net domain, I've been stuck paying ~$25/month (!!) for friggin email. I found something a lot cheaper, like $10/yr.

To be continued...
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

The big money making machine needs more $$$$!

I can do without the email notifications so that whole thing can be removed like an EGR valve as far as I'm concerned.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Ok, we are cutover. We are now using purelymail.com for tiresmoke's email service instead of google.

-Dave
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Registration has been opened up and the challenge questions to stop the spambots have been changed also. It was encouraged to use questions which were not easily found on Google, so the two questions are:

What's the nickname of the orange turbo malibu?
What's our road race team name?

They only need to get one of them correct.

-Dave