2004 BMW M3 convertible

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

ttamrettus

2004 BMW M3 convertible

Post by ttamrettus »

So I met my father in Charlotte in early 2014 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway for the Spring Charlotte AutoFair. Well we looked at all the parts and all the nice cars in the car corral. My Dad says to me that I should go buy a nice car after I sell all my "junk". I say yeah, you are right, I should get an old muscle car. He says no to me. You want something new with modern conveniences that you can drive and enjoy. So my friend in Atlanta finds out I'm looking for a car. So everyday I'm getting texts about an M3 for sale. Then low and behold I test drive one.............and I was SOLD.................I had to have one.

So I test drive a few, make a few offers and discover that the nice ones sell FAST. So one comes up in Tampa and I send the guy a deposit to hold it. I then end up buying it and driving it home a few days later.

2004 BMW M3 convertible
56000 miles
carbon black with cinnimon interior
SMG 6 speed
19" oem wheels

Matt Sutter
ttamrettus

Re: 2004 BMW M3 conrtible

Post by ttamrettus »

So since then Ihave done some little stuff but also some big stuff. The big stuff has been.

PSS10 Bilstein coilovers
Turner Motor Sports front camber/caster plates
Turner Motor Sports rear adjustable camber arms
19" HRE 545r rims
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3's
Avant2 android powered headunit

Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I drove this thing in Carlisle and it is SWEET! It rides like a stocker, handles like crazy, sounds great, and looks AWESOME! It gets a lot of looks, especially from the younger hot rod crowd. Not to mention the SMG tranny is really cool to drive. I like mindset of having a more modern hot rod. Nice choice Matt.

-BP
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Killer ride, Matt. Well done!

I'm gonna guess that it doesn't leak anything? :roll:
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Very cool car! Thanks for taking me for a ride and for letting me drive it too!

That SMG trans is a technological achievement, but it felt really weird to me in normal driving. I'm sure it just takes a little getting used to. The car felt like it was glued to the road, though.

-Dave
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Blue_69_malibu wrote:Killer ride, Matt. Well done!

I'm gonna guess that it doesn't leak anything? :roll:
Thanks. But being a 10 year old car it does have a slight leak. My suspension guy thinks it's the rear main but some BMW research says it's likely a $5 o-ring on the outside of the block for the CPV (constant pressure valve) that tends to leak. Next time it's up on the rack I'll check it out.

I still have a bug for a muscle car but only time will tell. Different priorities right now I think.
Matt Sutter