Race team "crash cart"

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

MostMint

Race team "crash cart"

Post by MostMint »

Not sure what they call them in Nascar but most of the teams have a large cart with tools and spare parts. I seem to recall them being called "crash cart". Like this one : https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Ai ... sh%20carts.

Anyway I got the idea that I should have one for the Mostmint Racing team. With Kurt recently improving his welding skills he wanted to put them to work. I'm getting tired of having race team tubs all over the garage now they will be in one place.

It took some planning to get an idea what the cart would look like - dimensions, major components etc. So here is what it looked like this morning after acquiring materials:

Here are some pics of progress through the day:

This cart is 2" wide by 7' long and will support twelve 18 gallon tubs and the second shelf from the top supports flat parts like steering track, sway bars, etc.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Re: Race team "crash cart"

Post by MostMint »

This was finished a couple months back just never got to posting the final product.

Since completion I mounted a fire extinguisher and have ideas to add a vice.

This really helps clean up the garage and was handy for storing all our stuff at the race. I'm envisioning a small one for up at the pit wall. We'll see.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Re: Race team "crash cart"

Post by Basement Paul »

That thing really is awesome. I think it's great how Kurt is into fabbing stuff this early on. It will make his life much easier as life goes on with other projects. I can't wait until he's driving to see what he gets into.

-BP