Sunday Nov. 4th TRP - last race of 2006

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Sunday Nov. 4th TRP - last race of 2006

Post by Basement Paul »

For those interested, there is one last race at Thompson this Sunday. I will be bringing the Red Dragon in hopes to crack the 15.50's. In fact, I will issue a Cheeseburger Challenge to both the mostmint Corvette, and the '87 442 in a Cheeseburger Challenge Triangle. 32v is already planning to go, but he is too fast for cheeseburger talk.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I think I'd like to see the GTP and the new SS going at it for cheeseburgers...

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Sorry the Vette will not be in attendance. Still have lower rad. hose leaning on the fuel pump, and sliding doors to install, and a Calais in the garage
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
markss327

Post by markss327 »

I'm gona have to pass too.
The AV, although up and running just fine, is scheduled to run errands this weekend, with her
owner.

For those of you interested, the Nova's condition remains unchanged.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

Well, it was a great day out at the track. It was clear and cold. The Cossicks were well represented, and all with V8 power. The Davis' represented both ends of the automotive spectrum with the LS2-powered Trailblazer SS and Mazda Miata. And I was there with the blown Pontiac. Honorable mention to Jeff Karder for showing up to spectate.

Off the street, I ran a 14.22, a new personal best. Traction was really good, with my 60ft times hitting 2.00. On my third run, I managed a 14.09! With John and everyone urging me on, I got serious and took out the spare, jack, trunk mat, and all the junk as well as icing down the blower. My last two runs, I was only able to back it up with a 14.17 and 14.16, still great runs, but I spun on both of them.

-Dave

Engine pics:
http://www.tiresmoke.org/images/tdr-nov ... starV8.jpg
http://www.tiresmoke.org/images/tdr-nov ... apower.jpg
http://www.tiresmoke.org/images/tdr-nov ... er-LS2.jpg

TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

I'll upload some pics in a bit. My best was a 13.94 @ 98 MPH. Meg was able to break the 16 mark to the tune of a 15.95. Carter did pop his cherry by making his first pass ever down a track in my SS at a 13.94 too (mine was a 13.943 to his 13.947). The magazines have my SS pegged at a 13.9, so I guess I'm pretty much where I should be.
TheRookie

Post by TheRookie »

Here's a bunch of pics from TDR today on my website. I haven't really sorted them or anything so there will be more of the TB SS and Miata, of course. They are high resolution, so be warned. I figured that would be better for anyone who wants to grab one for printing but doesn't make this page load forever.

http://www.davisboys.com/tdr110506/

BTW, if I re-read the thread correctly, somebody owes me a cheeseburger :)
Fred32v

TRP outing from Fred32v's camara

Post by Fred32v »

Great time at TRP today. The feature matchup was the SS vs the GTP. Per above, the SS was too much but
one good lite allowed the GTP to get there first once. The SS was consistently too much.
Then there was the battle of the Luxury rides. 1st run saw the ETC turning 14.92 to the 14.94 of the Roadmaster,
but the Buick had a better lite for the win. 2nd round saw the ETC run 14.839 to the wheeling spinning 15.0
of the Buick, the ETC also had the better lite. The third round saw the Caddy leave first, but its' 14.95
was not good enough when the Buick ran 14.90 with a winning margin of .035 seconds. Serious FUN!
Best 14.839 at 92.668mph..............................getting ready...................................442 ran 15.40
ImageImageImage
The 1987 Olds Cutlass 442's 307 managed a 15.40 just missing its' best 15.31.
SS vs GTP......................................................Several 10ths.............................................MiataMeg 15.95 grin
ImageImageImage
Wait until Spring 07!
wxo

Makes me want to move back to Ohio.

Post by wxo »

Hey guys. Thanks for all the pics and narrative. It's almost like being there.
Looks like the LT-1's and LS-2's are the ones to beat. Paul's "BB" (Behemoth Buford) was lookin' real good. By the way I looked up behemoth in the dictionary and it means huge animal.
I gotta bring Nellie Belle up there and take on that nasty SS SUV. Fred, ya gotta come down again. :wink: We need to change her motor again. I need something to get her into the 12's.

What a way to end the racing year!!
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Sheeeesh. To think I was raking leaves, running to Wally Mart, etc, when I could have been at the track. My loss. I'm glad to see the Roadmonster had some competition. Hey Fred, how come the kid cuts a better light ?????

And to think a little 3.8 with some squeeze, is pushing the 13s.
And an SS, SUV is in the 13s - BOX STOCK, and not even broke-in.

Not to mention all the other Cossics and other related family members - and a chick that knows how to handle three pedals. (I'm gona hear it for that one....) :)

I've got another Cheeseburger bet going with my neighbor. He'll have to fill you in, on all the details.....

The Novas last outing, was 14.3s. For a souped up 327, It was showing it's age. Now looking at the pressurized 3.8, and the SS Bowtie, the 14.3 is almost embarrassing. The 406, now on it's third re-build, should 'make noise', sometime March '07.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

TheRookie wrote:
BTW, if I re-read the thread correctly, somebody owes me a cheeseburger :)
To be honest, I hadn't seen this thread before we went to the track -- Paul called me on Saturday afternoon (evening?) just to say that everyone was going. So I wasn't aware of the cheeseburger on the line. How many times did we actually run each other -- I know I got a win light once!

-Dave