1981 F150 Super Cab

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Maverick

Re: 1981 F150 Super Cab

Post by Maverick »

The Supercab project is coming to an abortive end. It would be too much work to make it into a nice truck. It would be much easier and cheaper to start with a better truck. Knowing that, I think, has diminished the enthusiasm for the project and in six months there had been too little progress. So, the decision was to pull the plug.

At the same time, the excitement of owning a rodded big truck dissipated. It was time to re-think the whole deal. Decided to put the Windsor back in the '70 F100 (son Barry's truck) and the 300 I6 back in the '81 F150 (Willy's truck). That's done. Found a buyer for the '81 F150 tonight. We'll finish the deal on Wednesday and a garage stall will be opened up.

I don't regret getting the Supercab because it involved 2 weeks working on it with Willy and old-time buddy George and the 4 day road trip back to NC with George. A bucket list vacation and road trip for sure.

WXO, Bruno (WXO's bro-in-law) and I are headed West a couple of hours tomorrow to check out 3 or 5 Lincoln Continentals -- Mark IV, Mark V, and Base Continentals. If we find something the empty stall might be filled this week. Hope to find one with a 460 already installed. If the choice is one with a 400, the plan would be to replace it with a 460 at some point.

I've really warmed up to the idea of a luxury hot rod in my old age. And, I really like the '77-'79 Mark Vs. Kinda like a Maverick on steroids. They are heavy so a warmed over 460 would be necessary to make it fun. Wish us luck.
Maverick