TRP Saturday April 13th

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

TRP Saturday April 13th

Post by Basement Paul »

Saturday is TRP's opening day for this year. The forecast is for about 46 degrees and partly cloudy. I'll take it. I'm going to take the truck out and try to get into the 13's. With the new driveshaft, mass air sensor, and without my hitch, I should get there in spades... But talk is BS. I'll get it on paper so I know for sure.

I don't think I'll stay all day (unless I'm really close to my number). Any takers?

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: TRP Saturday April 13th

Post by TireSmoker »

Did you end up heading out?

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

They posted on the website on Friday that they were going to close. Going to give it another shot this Saturday. 46 deg and sunny. Again, I just want a few passes...

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I finally made it out to TRP on Sunday with the S-10. Even with the drag radials on, I still had a touch of wheel hop that slowed me down just enough to not get into the 13's. I had my worst 60' of the day (2.05) and my best ET at 14.04 at just under 96mph. So far this is my best ET ever, but not near my best 60' time. I think I'll end up putting urethane bushings in the rear springs in hopes that this will help cure my wheel hop problems. If that doesn't do it, I'll resort to an S-10 specific traction bar.

I also had too much fuel by about 3 gallons...

I did square up with a newer (probably 2006-7) Shelby Mustang convertible in times runs and stuck it to him heads up. I ran a 14.06 to his 13.89 (at 109mph), but I tatood him on the tree (.007 vs .699) so I beat him by over a half second. That was fun! :lol: Keep in mind I'm still running my stock looking 15" winter rims so my truck really doesn't look like too much.

-BP
GMJohnny

Post by GMJohnny »

BP

I don't know if you ever had to make one or not, but all of our cars when we were
in school would wheel hop like crazy without pinion snubbers in them. If you make
one, your problems will be mostly gone. The only car I ever ran that the pinion snubber
didn't work perfectly on was the Dynamic, and it's control arm bushings were ancient
and the control arms were longer than your truck bed. The snubber calmed that one
down to minimal hop. I'd make one if you don't have one.........

GM
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I agree that a snubber would fix the problem at the track, but want the problem fixed all the time, even on the street. I think the crappy bushings are the culprit and I wanted to urethane up the whole truck eventually anyway, so I'll give that a shot first. It's cheap, and should only take a couple hours to do. That's really on the back burner now though. I need to focus on the Caddy for next couple weeks to get the radiator / heads / trans pan done.

-BP