Saturday 11-3-12 TRP

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Saturday 11-3-12 TRP

Post by Basement Paul »

Tomorrow, the 3rd, TRP says they'll be open so I'm planning to go. Gates open at 10, and time runs at 10:30. I probably won't get there until about 10:30. I'm torn as to which vehicle to take as you never know what the weather will do and as I see it, I really only have one more shot next weekend to have good weather since I have to work the 17th and I doubt they're racing Thanksgiving weekend. More and more I'm leaning toward the truck. I haven't had a chance to run it with drag radials in the cold weather and with the supercharger, and since my latest acquisition (more to come) I shouldn't need my hitch anymore and plan to pull it off tonight for weight savings. I also have to put my drag radials on.

My best so far was a 14.21 and hope to get a 14.0x in the cold air.

Hope to see you there...

-BP
Fred32v

Re: Saturday 11-3-12 TRP

Post by Fred32v »

Just hate rain, but BP and I had a great day playing at Pull-A-Part.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I'm shooting for next Saturday now. Supposed to be 50's and sun. We'll see if the weatherpeople know what they're doing...

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Fred32v wrote:Just hate rain, but BP and I had a great day playing at Pull-A-Part.
I'm jealous. Maybe next weekend I'll get there.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

At the 11/10/12 Saturday 8:30 am breakfast BP and I thought the night’s rain had cancelled TRP’s racing program,
so I planned to go home and pressure wash my summer equipment and put it away. We visit GMJohnny at
CCM Rental and I went home. Paul calls and tells me TRP is open. I thought, what would I rather do, clean stuff or …..
Well I grabbed my helmet, camera, Silverado (STS-V away for winter) and was off.
The weather was in the 50’s. It took the TRP crew until after noon to dry the track before time trails could take place.
There was a very large crowd; my first time run was at 2 pm. I had 2 time runs before the gamblers races. BP and I
were in the 16 car Street Tire class for a $10 fee. After three rounds there was only the Cadillac and the big Red truck
left to compete for the money and bragging rights. My -07 RED ended the party, BP got $55 and I had to settle for $45.
All I can say is “Wait’ll next year.”
My best reaction was .0084, 60’ 2.3805, et 15.89 at 89.08mph.

A Maverick 4 Jim…….............….......…motor…………............….view 12 second car
ImageImageImage

Crowd around Caddy…..................last 2 of 16………................BP gets win
ImageImageImage

Once again, TRP was really great fun!
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Thanks, Fred, for posting the Maverick. Its a surprise to see that big air cleaner under that little scoop. :shock:

Sounds like you all had fun.
Maverick
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Another classic family final 8)
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It was definitely a good time! Win or lose in the final didn't really matter. By the way, in the one picture will all the people in front of my car, there's a silver Mustang GT I raced in time runs and I stuck it to him heads up... and my second time run was against a newer Nissan 370Z and I put it to him too. That just added to my good time.
In eliminations I had three people red light against me and I was on the brakes on the other run. They must be intimidated by my size...

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Yesterday I had to work, but I was done working around 12:15 and headed straight for the track. The temp outside was about 50 degrees. During the week I put on the drag radials, washed the S-10, and pulled the spare and jack. I didn't have enough time to pull the hitch, but I will this week in hopes that next weekend will still be nice enough to race.

I got to the track in time for one time run before the gambler's race. I left it in drive (first time ever) and ran a 14.20 on a reasonable warm motor. So I dialed a 14.15 for the first round. We sat for over a half hour before eliminations so the truck got pretty cool. I raced a Grand Prix GTP dialed at 14.00. I tatood him on the tree and I braked pretty hard just before the stripe and ran a 14.09 at only 91 mph! Lucky for me he broke out by more (13.83) and I made it to round two. Next round I won pretty easily as I watched a 16 second Camaro fall asleep at the tree, so I shortshifted to a 14.14 on a 14.06 dial.
Third round I pulled a bye run into the finals. Now the truck was really getting cold, and so was the air, so I dialed a 14.02. My .08 light vs. my opponents .24 light wasn't enough as I broke traction and had to pedal pretty bad (really surprised with the drag radials), then at the high end of 2nd gear it felt a little like it was running out of fuel until I shifted to 3rd. Turns out I still only lost by .04, so it was still a reasonably tight race, but I wasn't able to double up my win from last week.

Now I'm pretty sad I didn't just stay in it on the 14.09 pass since that's my fastest (previous 14.21) by a bunch. I'm thinking it was probably a 14.05 or .04 if I don't brake. So the 13's are within my grasp. If I don't get to run again this year, rest assured it will be consistently in the 13's by next spring. Then I think I'm done making the truck any faster.

-BP