Sunday Race June 18

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Sunday Race June 18

Post by Basement Paul »

This SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY at TRP, there is an "Old Time Drag Race", whatever that means. Anyway, who wants to go?

I'm pretty certain I'll be taking something, whether it's the Caddy or the Camaro, I'm not sure yet. Someone tell 442 about it too. More than likely I'll take the Camaro and make some heads up runs against the Z66 Avalanche, or maybe the Miata...

The other part of me is saying to race the Caddy, and just be careful with the rearend. It's got to be a bunch quicker. The new Mustang convertible and 6.0 GTO think it's pretty fast.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I just realized it's Fathers Day on Sunday. Even more reason to be at the track! Bring your dad along, it will be fun for the whole family.

-BP
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I'm going camping at Saltfork this weekend. I won't make it.

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Confirmed "racers" for Sunday at TRP:

markSS400 w/Z66
therookie (and wife) w/ Bimmer & Miata
Bob w/ Maxx
Fred32v
Basement Paul w/ Camaro

-BP

Side note: Bob & I have a hot dog wager. If his maxx runs better than 15.99, I owe him a hot dog & vice versa.

And I'd like to throw out a cheesburger challenge pitting the Z66 Avalanche against the V6 Camaro in a grueling heads up battle...

-BP
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Bring it on dude...... I'll take the cheeseburger challenge, againist the old, the tired, the high mileage V6er.
Need I remind you, the Z66 runs 16.5s. 8)
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

I'm gonna be like Andy and stay home until someone proves they're faster... ;-)

-Dave
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

A recap from 32v about last years event:

Hi Gang,

If you were not at Thompson Raceway Park (TRP) this SUNDAY you missed the "Old Drag Racing" show. Not idea conditions with 90+ degrees temperatures with 90 % humidity. However a great time was had by all. The track was open for a Hells Angel biker festival. But there was a tremendous amount of time available for time runs since there were not that many cars early on. The first picture shows our diverse gang that was there. Everything from Mark's Dodge truck to Andy's Lumina to Megan's Miata to Dave Chevy to ..... There was much grudge match racing as these cars and truck mixed it up. Dave's FI conversion is running great turning low 13's in very difficult conditions. Paul was in the mid 14's, my Eldorado ran low 15's, John's 442 ran 16.10's 84 mph. I can't remember all the numbers. If I've missed your numbers you can send everyone what you've done and your experiences.

My granddaughter IVY (John's 11 year old daughter) accompanied her dad and had several passes down the drag strip in multiple machines and had a fun time. The second picture is of Ivy and the 442. However the best time was later. Around 2:00pm they had a gambler's race for anyone who was there and wanted to race. Winner take all. After many rounds there were only three cars left. See the third picture. The round after this picture saw Paul with a bye run and Andy's 17.15 dial Lumina eliminated the 9.90 Roadster in the background. This setup the first ever all Cossick final. Paul got the money.

Always fun at TRP. We'll do it again, maybe when the temperature is in the 60's or 70's. Numbers should be dramatically better. Still it was a great time for all.

Til Next Time,

Fred C.

Maybe MostMint will show up to try to take back what he lost... :D

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

markss327 wrote:Bring it on dude...... I'll take the cheeseburger challenge, againist the old, the tired, the high mileage V6er.
Need I remind you, the Z66 runs 16.5s. 8)
I think you just cost yourself a cheeseburger because that automatic V6 Camaro is going to struggle to make 16.5 and BP knows it. Then again maybe he has more secrets...
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

Sunday at Thompson Raceway Park

Post by Fred32v »

Another very hot (90+ degrees) Sunday at Thompson Raceway Park.
We brought 6 serious racers to this party. Talking was done;
it was time to go racing. The Mazda's (16's) had the BMW (17 flat)
covered on this day for the Davis family bragging rights.
A Hot Dog for the winner between the Camaro (16's) and the Malibu Maxx
(mid 15's!!). A cheeseburger for the winner between the Camaro
(very high 16's) and the Z66 Avalanche (16.7s). The ETC managed a best
15.07 and proved to be the class of this field.
Our six racers............................................The Hot Dog Run.......................................The payoff
ImageImageImage
Then it was time for the gamblers race. First round saw the father and
son advance. The ETC gave the 9.90 dialed Camaro "a driving lesson"
and put him on the trailer with a .518 light. BasementPaul avenged his
heads up lose to the Malibu Maxx by putting it on the sidelines. An
unfortunate second round pairing end any chances of a family final like
last year when the brothers faced off. A .470 light by the ETC against
BasementPaul's Camaro ended my day. BasementPaul's Camaro
eventually had a best of 16.72, however as things heated up it slowed,
but he just kept on winning.
Money Run Dial-in's.........................................Final Round Competitors.................................Last laugh $50
ImageImageImage
It's ALWAYS FUN!!!!!
TheRookie

Ahem...17's?

Post by TheRookie »

They beemer actually ran a 16.68. 60 ft sucks since turbo isn't until 3000rpm and still the stock 2.93 diff. That'll change soon. Not bad for a stock, virgin run. I'm just happy she's running!

And as for the wife, she went from 16.9x last year to 16.19. That's due to better shifting (she was only driving stick for a couple months back then) and the cold air intake / header-back 2.5" exhaust.

I'll have to upload the picture of her and Bob at the tree with half a car or so. Nice job, dear! Seems like her and Ivy are some of the few chick racers. Sorry we couldn't stay long.
Fred32v

Correction

Post by Fred32v »

Thanks for the correction. 16.68 and looking great doing it. Classy ride! Still a whole lot more left there. Grins.
TheRookie

Beat by a girl

Post by TheRookie »

I know Bob can brag about beating all estimates, but there's no bragging about this...

A girl?? In a Miata?? :)

This picture is also for all you perverts that wanted to see my wife racing topless.
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

:lol: :lol:
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Looks like he got Treed with a capital T on that one. Timeslip?
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Yeah, Bob apparently saw this picture posted and is a little upset. :P He's upset because he won this race...

Either way, this picture still looks pretty bad. :D

-BP