TRP Sunday July 22nd

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

TRP Sunday July 22nd

Post by Basement Paul »

I "think" that the S-10 is ready to go. Today I mounted the "new" drag radials on my winter rims and will put the whole set on the truck before next weekend. Depending on temperatures, I might take the tailgate and everything off to try to lower my ET. With the new coil, cap/rotor, battery, fuel pump, and better tires, I'm hoping for a 14.10 and I believe the truck might be even a little better than that. The coil and cap/rotor really seemed to help it out higher in the RPMs (it chirps into 2nd every time now).

There's a Test-n-tune / Gambler's race next Sunday so I thought I'd head out. Hopefully Saturday I can get some stuff done on the Caddy.

-BP
Basement Paul

Re: TRP Sunday July 22nd

Post by Basement Paul »

The turnout at today's test-n-tune was pretty small. It was hot. I made four passes with a best of 14.33 at 94mph. My drag radials did work well with a best 60' time of 2.02. I believe on a cool day that I could get a 1.99 60' and get that 14.10. It never turned a tire on the launch. I didn't stick around for eliminations though.

-BP
Basement Paul

Re: TRP Sunday July 22nd

Post by Basement Paul »

Here's Abbey. She's 9 months old now and my S-10 with the winter wheels and drag radials just before going to the track.

-BP