Dunn Benson Dragway

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

wxo

Dunn Benson Dragway

Post by wxo »

Just a quick update for tonight. We had a great night. Got there when the gates opened and left just as the crowd started filing in. We got in a bunch of runs back to back, but Maverick was having a problem with his 1-2 shift not happening under WOT and didn't want to abuse the tranny so we called it a night.

Smoke ran consistently in the mid 9's which is about 14.70's. We have time slips to post later.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G9eRzxeAzs[/youtube]
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Re: Dunn Benson Dragway

Post by TireSmoker »

Always a good night when you hit the dragstrip with friends. That looked like a surprisingly even race. And even though neither of you really needs a burnout, you should mug for the camera anyway. This is Tiresmoke.Org afterall! :-)

-Dave
wxo

Post by wxo »

I may have to work on burnouts with this girl. 8) I was surprised at how softly Smoke left the starting line. Even though I took the slop out of the driveline, and with the traction control off, she walked away with virtually no wheelspin. It felt like a the ECM was controlling the torque band rather than letting me handle it with the foot feed. I don't know if that is a characteristic of this vehicle or if I'm doing something right (or wrong) in launching. Regardless, racing with my buddies was great fun and I was very pleased with Smoke's performance at the track. :D

Here are the time slips for your expert analysis. Let us know what you think.

Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Nice strip. Love the side by side picture and the video.
Almost like I was sitting in the stands.
I see some room for improvement that will bring you back,
plus a really huge fun factor. :!: :D
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!