Ebay 101

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

markss327

Ebay 101

Post by markss327 »

I've been looking for OEM running boards for the Avalanche ever since I've owned it. Paul even said, his best price would be almost $300. I've been watching Ebay for months. I've seen the OEMs for $288, plus $80 shipping. Remember, these things are almost eight feet long. Well, last Tuesday or Wednesday, I see a pair on Ebay. Starting bid $25. The box was damaged, and some feasters were loose. Both boards new - never installed, and all the brackets present. The down side - Local pickup only - Detroit. Yea, Detroit Michigan. Mapquest says 231 miles. So I bid - and win at $32. WHAT A DEAL !!!!! Friday I make arrangements with the seller. I'll be at his address 7-8 am Sunday. Soooo, 3:30am Sunday morning, I'm on the road to the motor city. The box was cut, and one, of two bags containing the feasters was open, and nuts and bolts all over the larger box. The boards themselves are mint. All brackets accounted for. I'm loaded and heading home. 11:30am Sunday morning I'm back in Mentor. 477 miles, in eight hours - ya do the math, that's an average speed of 59+. Take into consideration, two pit stops, the actual pickup, and breakfast on the return trip, well, me and the AV hauled....well you know. AND, got 19+ mpg.

$62 bucks in fuel and tolls, plus the $32 = $94. :)

As soon as the weather picks up a bit, (<45 deg), they're going on.

No new progress on the Nova. Although, I'm working on door hinges. I have a set of doors at my moms. It's just a matter of swapping out the hinges. Probably gona have to do some bushing and pin work.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

Well, you do what ya gotta do! Any excuse to do a little serious drivin'. Now back to the Nova.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

That really is a serious bargain. I sold a set of chrome nerf bars to a guy in Wakefield, MI and it's costing him almost $100 to ship. SHeesh.

-BP