2010 Carolina Collector Autofest

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Maverick

2010 Carolina Collector Autofest

Post by Maverick »

WXO and I took part in this year's Carolina Collector Autofest. WXO put his '69 Camper Special in the corral and the Sprint was in its first show.

No prizes but that was no surprise. There were a lot of beautiful show cars there. I was surrounded by BowTies. :? Freshly restored '60 Vette on my left

pretty white Camaro convertable on my right

and a red Camaro (no picture) in front.

There was one other Maverick and no Comets in the event. The Comet was in the Corral. Think the price was $5XXX.

Lots of nice comments on the car. It was surprising how many people knew of the Sprints.

Fred, this one's for you ... hope you can make out the stacks on top of the carbs. :lol:

WXO and Randi make a good move and beat the crowd out, or at least the worst of it. I couldn't get my car out till the end and got caught in terrible traffic as the car show, NCSU Homecoming, flea market and probably one or two other events all ended about the same time. Show was fun, ride home not so much.
Maverick
Basement Paul

Re: 2010 Carolina Collector Autofest

Post by Basement Paul »

The car looks great and it sounds like mechanically, the trip was a success. That guy's rat rod is cool, but his oldsmobile rocket looks a lot like a bowtie to me. Pabst... livin large!

-BP
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

The Maverick is lookin' great. I'd guess that Olds motor is pre 1965 with a later distributer.
No, I agree, it is a cleverly disguised later Chevy. :?: :oops:
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Well, it fooled us!!

You probably can't make out the skunk flatened on the radiator shell. See "Stinky" on the windshield. :lol:

Nothing ratty about that firewall and frame!!
Maverick