BFG Radial T/As

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Maverick

BFG Radial T/As

Post by Maverick »

Does anyone know what's up with 15" BFG Radial T/As? I have two new 235/60/15s, need two more, and can't find any in stock anywhere. Could probably use from 215s to 255s but haven't found ANY. Everyone says "Backordered" so I don't trust any of the dates for availabilty. My car is stuck in the garage till tires (and wheels) are replaced.

May have to sell the two I have and go with some other tires.
Maverick
Basement Paul

Re: BFG Radial T/As

Post by Basement Paul »

Are they made in Japan??

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Bottom line is they are not making that many 15" tires any more, making it even harder to get raised white letters. You can get Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's in raise white letter.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I can tell you that the Firehawk looks as good and has GREAT wet and dry traction. That's a great tire.

-BP
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

I asked BFG "What's up?" and got he answer below. More 235s on the way soon. But, I can't wait. Decided to go with 205/60/15 Radial T/As on the front. Summit had them in stock so they should arrive this week. Also ordered a set of 15X7 chrome Cragar SSs. That width works with both the 205s on the front and the 235s on the back.

Would like to have had 235s all the way around but I think I'll like the staggered look too.

Think they're made in the US. A plant in Canada was making them but it closed and I suppose that was a big part of the problem.

July 18, 2011

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in BFGoodrich tires.

The P235/60R15 98S Radial T/A is on backorder but we should have available inventory for new orders at the end of July/2011.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing BFGoodrich.

It is our goal to ensure that your issue has been resolved or your question answered to your satisfaction. If we can assist you further, please respond to this email or call us at 1-877-788-8899 (toll free) between 8:00AM and 8:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday or between 8:30AM and 4:30PM Eastern Time on Saturday.

Sincerely,

Ken
Consumer Care Department
Certified BFGoodrich Product Expert
Maverick
oldvettedad

Post by oldvettedad »

Wow! Just got back from vacation and saw this thread. Hard to believe Radial T/A's were backordered. These have been continuously popular tires in all sizes, especially 15 inch which is popular with restorers. It was nice to see you got a response WITH a phone number.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Tires and wheels are on the FedEx truck for delivery today. I'll be able to put them away before leaving tomorrow for Michigan. Yes, that was a good response from BFG.
Maverick