iRacing Champcar 2022

Information about upcoming races, swap meets & shows

Moderators: Basement Paul, MostMint, Fred32v, ttamrettus, wxo

MostMint

iRacing Champcar 2022

Post by MostMint »

Schedule is coming up soon, but not published just yet. Not expecting first race until February.

On this cold January night I'm thinking about goals for 2022 season. Based on the improvement of the field from last season I'm thinking improving overall is going to be difficult. I upgraded my pedals around race 9 so in theory I should be faster than last season in those races.

I'm thinking I'll go race to race and see if I can improve my finish in terms of % of field. I'm also going to attempt to improve on the P8 overall, but it will be up to the quality of the field as to whether I can make that goal. I should also endeavor to reduce the gap between me and the leaders in terms of qualifying speed. This one will be hard as it will require me to improve my driving skills.

For 2022 expect there will be three different cars in use - but the street stock will not likely be used. I can guess they will use the FR500S Mustang which has less HP, more weight, better brakes and suspension than the street stock.

I do have a possibility to improve this year:
* Only did 8 of the 16 races with my new pedals and they are better
* I had fuel mistakes - lost multiple positions at WGI due to not enough fuel and put in too much at VIR South

* Got to be ready for lap 1, and be a little less wobbly at the start
* Lots of little mistakes - offs, track cuts causing penalties
* Out of my control was being crashed in three different races - probably hard to avoid that though
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Re: iRacing Champcar 2022

Post by MostMint »

For 2022, a few tracks are changing, upping the cars in use to four, and a few more two hour events

https://forum.champcar.org/topic/24083- ... -schedule/
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]