Who wants to be like me?

This is the first forum. We'll figure out if we want more.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

GMJohnny

Re: Who wants to be like me?

Post by GMJohnny »

I always seem to have the same comments on selling a car you "love." I'm never
one to let sentiment get in my way with cars, houses, or possessions in general.
I have only a few things that I own that are not for sale or that could not be replaced
by a newer or different version. It's just how I am. I feel that a cars go the same way.
Fifteen years is a long time to own the same car, especially when you like to tamper
with them and tweak them the way you like. Perhaps Paul has just run out of bolts
or nuts to turn to keep his interest. I'd say sell the old girl if you want to. You have
plenty of photos to remind you of how cool it was. If you happen to sell it, you will
always have the memories and people will always remember you as the guy with the
cool Cadillac. I still have people who don't know me that well come up to me and ask
me if I still have my old Oldsmobile, even though it's been gone for years. Then when
I tell them that it's gone they make real cool comments about it and talk about it like
it was a legend or something. All that being said, I NEVER miss it. It was a fun car at
a fun time of life and that was that. No car is irreplaceable and I guarantee that the
next car will be a gas like the Caddy was.........

GM
ttamrettus

Post by ttamrettus »

Let me add to my comment then. As long as you make $ on the sale it's okay.
Matt Sutter
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Well, there's really no making money (I don't think) on it. I start adding things up in my head and I have almost $7k just in the drivetrain and wheels. I'm thinking in the open market I can safely get over $10k for it and maybe in an ebay auction even more. I have to call my cuz first to see if he still has interest, and I have one other friend that I think might be interested. I would sell it for less if I knew it was going somewhere good.
I was outside in the garage this afternoon just looking at it for about 10 minutes. I would miss it when it's gone because it's really cool, but I think it's time to move on to something different. I've been loosing sleep just thinking about it all weekend... which is ridiculous. :roll:
Everyone here knows me pretty well, and I love the hunt. It's time to hunt again.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Funny I've had the Camaro 15 years also. I know it is not as connected to us as the Caddy but I know how long it is. I had the TA like 20 years so you have a ways to go to reach that.

You could sell the truck instead but I'm guessing you want a race car.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Also you should consider something you can drive on a road course. You've had the Caddy 15 years but you've been drag racing for over 25.
-BP[/quote]
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Think I can road race this one?

I'm going to look at it this weekend...

-BP
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

If it can drift, it's good to go on track day at Nelson. I'd pay to see that. :?
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Let's see....I got my first Malibu in March of 1990. Dave got his '70 in June or July of that year. (Also in 1990, I had a full head of hair, none on my back, and wore 32x32 Levis (as opposed to ToughSkins.)

I reluctantly sold my first '69 in January of 1994....the curse of being a poor college student.

So long as Dave maintains his sanity with his ride, he'll be approaching 24 years with the car this summer....or 58% of his total time on this planet.

Where does the time go?

MostMint wrote:Funny I've had the Camaro 15 years also. I know it is not as connected to us as the Caddy but I know how long it is. I had the TA like 20 years so you have a ways to go to reach that.

You could sell the truck instead but I'm guessing you want a race car.
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

I'm thinking something actually designed to go around corners - like this: http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/4320452695.html
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

Post by Fred32v »

I LIKE the BMW. (Ho hum, just another option.)
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I've actually been scoping out C4 Vettes too. I do want to own a Pro Street car at some point in my life, and this will probably be my best chance. If I don't keep this one (assuming I buy it), I'll be able to sell it for way more than I'm getting it for, and will be able to get a Vette. I would like a roadster, and then buy a bolt on hard top for it. Looks kind of Z06-ish.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

This is pretty much exactly what I would look for, except I want a white one with a red interior:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/198 ... est-review

-BP