Classic Car Collection For Sale

Post your Wanted or For Sale ads

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Maverick

Classic Car Collection For Sale

Post by Maverick »

This was sent on the Piedmont Classic Chevy Club (PCCC) email list yesterday. Might be an opportunity for some bargains on some very interesting vehicles.

Everyone,
Yesterday while I was working my new car dealers in Wilson, I stopped to visit a gentleman whom I was told has a collection of classic cars. It was a great stop but with sad news. The owner just found out he has cancer and immediately had to start taking radiation treatments. He has around 40 Classics and has made a decision to not leave his wife with the burden of dealing with them. Therefore he told me he was going to sell them off at well below market value. Preferably in groups or maybe take them to the Kenly Auto Auction. Over 20 of them are 1977-1987 Chevy SS El Camino’s including 1 Choo Choo Custom (for those of you who remember that special edition).
Prices on those range from $6,500 to $8,500
1 - 1980 Chevy Corvette- nice
1 - 1964 Chevelle (big block
1 - 1966 Mustang GT Clone
1 - 1968 Cougar XR7
1 - 1972 Dodge Dart (plumb crazy) new interior -
1 - 1989 Dodge Dakota Shelby Edition
Complete 340 Mopar Engine
3 - complete Chevy 283 C.I. Engines (2 have been completely rebuilt)
Much more at home in garages.

I saw about 10 of the El Camino’s and all of the individuals I listed above. These cars are NOT show quality but ARE very nice and could be easily made show quality. All but one have new 15x8 Corvette Rally wheels and new or good tires. Paint is good on all cars. Overall condition easily “cruise in” quality drivers.
**********************^*********
If you are interested in acquiring one or more of his cars, get your cash together and let me know. He’s in the mood to move these cars Now.
Maverick
Maverick

Re: Classic Car Collection For Sale

Post by Maverick »

WXO and I may contact the seller and see if we can get a look. Let us know if there are any you'd like us to check out for you.

Jim
Maverick
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Is the '64 Chevelle in that price range?

I hate to come about any car this way.

But if there are any 1964-1972 Chevelles or El Caminos, please let Dave or I know.

At that price point/range, cash can be had immediately....in case that matters.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

I tried to phone the seller today but no answer and no answering machine. I'll see what I can find out.
Maverick
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Talked to the seller. No Chevelles or early El Caminos left. The '64 Chevelle sold for around $15K.

He has multiple Gen 5 ('78-87) Caminos that are ("completely redone -- interiors, paint, bumpers, ...") for $6500-$8000. WXO and I will decide if we're going to have a look or not. Seller is not available this week.
Maverick
Blue_69_malibu

Post by Blue_69_malibu »

Thanks for checking!