2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!
TireSmoker
Site Admin

Post by TireSmoker »

The internet? :-)
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

I found most of them to be exactly the same, most with identical text and pictures. The factory manuals, or model and year specific manuals are the best by far. Most "manuals" can be bought on CD anymore for about $10 on ebay.

-BP
MostMint

Post by MostMint »

Chiltons are the worst I have seen, though Haynes also has its fair share of deficiencies. If you want a manual for a specific car, I agree with BP. However, the internet and the library are great places to get info. my library has the AllData subsription, so you can get the detail on just about anything you want.
[quote="Basement Paul"]Is that a mint rocketship on the hood?? :shock:
-BP[/quote]
Fred32v

FORD CD's

Post by Fred32v »

Over my lifetime I've collected all the MOTOR Service manuals and the CHILTON Service manuals back to the very early 30's.
Should you need to replace the clutch in your 1936 Packard, I'll loan you the manual as I did for Rick's Garage.
I always prefered the MOTOR Books.
Maybe because they require so much looking after, but the FORD Service System with their CD's is outstanding.
We have the CD's for several years of Trucks and Cars and they all come together as one seamless system.
Pictures are great, explanations at very very complete, and navigation is extremely smooth.
Not to mention that they were quite inexpensive and available.
The GM's Oldsmobile, Buick, and Cadillac Hard Copy service manuals are very good, but were a little pricy to buy.
Unless I go directly to GM with big dollars, a manual for my newest ride is not really available. :|
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!
markss327

Post by markss327 »

Well, here's the root problem.
Colleens minivan, - 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan. The the heater\AC blower motor, is either off, or only 'hi' works. Sooo, I'm thinking it's the 'Blower motor resistor block'. I just need to know where it's located. I bought a Haynes, and am disappointed. The only mention of the resistor block, is in a wiring diagram.
-Mark
2012 Impala LT 3.6 VVTDI
300hp - a bit much for FWD!