1975 Honda CB550E

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

1975 Honda CB550E

Post by Basement Paul »

Yes it's true, I'm (half) owner of a motorcycle. My brother in law (Matt) and I went in on this bike. We bought it for $600. The one carb leaks slightly out the overflow tube so I'm guessing there's a bad float. The good thing is that it's the outside carb so I don't think I'll have to remove it.
We got it started today by kickstarter because the electric starter is not working. We think it's just because the bike hasn't been run in two years. Believe it or not, we got it started on two year old gas and a whole lot of kicking! This thing runs great! We took turns driving it all around our development today just to see what's right and wrong with it.
It might need a battery, hopefully we can free up the starter, and the flashers don't flash, they only turn on, but otherwise, it runs great considering the old gas. We drained it out today, and will change the oil/filter (provided with bike) and screw around with it more later in the week.
I'd love to keep this but I need the money more than I need the bike. We're hoping to get somewhere between $1200-$1500 for it once we get it "finished". It sure is cool looking and fun to ride...

-BPImage
Fred32v

Next Little Thing

Post by Fred32v »

OK, so it doesn't have enough wheels, but it can still be made to run. Wonder what it would turn or bring on Cycle Trader. Time to get the dust off of this thing.
Fred32v
GMC Canyon Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 V6!