1979 Trans Am

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

X2
Last edited by VeeDub on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

The problem is that the bodywork it will need to make it really nice, is a little more than I'm willing to do. I should really say that I just don't have the time to make it nice. Underneath it's in pretty good shape and the car is worth fixing, but I'll probably never put paint on it. I think my goal is to get the car into the 11's, and if / when that happens, I'll most likely just sell it and use the money to put a rearend in the Caddy and some other stuff for that and the S-10.
Unless anybody wants to practice some bodywork or paint... :wink:

-BP
VeeDub

Post by VeeDub »

Really...That car is a classic! I haven't looked closely at it, but its straight - correct? IDK... but think about how much body work (not to mention mechanical) has/is been done to it. Just would be a shame to get rid of it. But on the other hand if the enjoyment is wrenchin-not polishin' i get that also. And i can also respect wanting to do the body work the right way. Any body could just half ass it. 11's... though FTW!
Basement Paul

Re: 1979 Trans Am

Post by Basement Paul »

Well, I took my last drive in the TA today when the guy came to pick it up. We took it for a test run and loaded it on the trailer. I'll miss it, but launching the Caddy like it should be launched will make it worth while. Here's the action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=timLSA3Tt7U

-BP