1994 Thunderbird

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Well, another week has gone by and DCR still does not have any parts for my car. It took the Allstate guy four days to get back to the body shop... I'm starting to get annoyed. They've had the car for over three weeks and it's still in the same condition it was when they got the car. IF they received parts tomorrow (and they're not even ordered yet according to the guy from DCR today) it would be AT LEAST a week and a half before the car would be done. So now I'm looking at another two weeks realistically before I get the car back.
Some people say I shouldn't complain since I have a rental car and all, but it's not MY V8, leather, remote start equipped car that belongs to me. It's a sh*tbox, four cylinder with cloth and no sunroof... I placed another call to Allstate today later in the day and will expect a call in the morning from the claim's guy. It should be interesting...

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

FINALLY!!! Finally the Allstate adjuster approved the use of Ford's "vintage parts" which are OEM parts from a different catalog. Basically, I'll be getting factory original parts for my car except the front bumper which is being repaired. According to the body shop, the parts should be in by Friday, and there's five days worth of work, putting me back in my car around the 7th of March. Hopefully he's right. Either way, at least I don't have to wonder what the heck is going on.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Hooray, the car is done. The sad part is that I found out it was finished from Enterprise rent a car, telling me my rental time was up and Allstate called them to cancel my rental car, but never let me know the car was actually finished.

Anyway, the car looks good again, but I drove it all spotless into a blizzard, so I won't post any AFTER pictures for awhile.

It's nice having my big leather seats back. :D

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

It's been awhile since I've posted for this car. The front of the car was sagging pretty bad and it turned out BOTH of the front springs were broken, so I ordered a set of TRW front springs (ebay) and Gabriel front struts and upper ball joint and control arm assemblies (autozone) as the upper ball joint rubbers were all tore up and dry.

SOoooo, a few weeks ago, 32v and I tore the whole front end apart and brought the t-bird back to life. Finally now it rides and handles like new. The rear springs and shocks were replaced before the accident, so this car really handles great now with the IRS and all new stuff. Not to mention how much better it looks sitting pretty much level like it should. Also, my headlights work much better as the front end is probably 2" higher than it was.

The goal is to make this car last until Spring, where at that point it will probably have around 95k miles on it, and if there's anything left of the body, I'll be able to get some of my money back. We'll probably be getting Amy a new car then, and I'll start driving her Saturn.

Here's a couple shots of the car from today...

-BP