1994 Camaro

Update your progress on your various car projects.

Moderators: MostMint, wxo, Fred32v, Basement Paul, ttamrettus

Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Yesterday I installed new pads & rotors on the front of the Camaro. The nagging grinding noise finally got to me. The sparks at night were kind of cool though...

Parts total- $52.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

A whole bunch of stuff has happened since my last post here. I was going to keep some things a secret from mostmint, but since my stock exhaust was just about to fall off, and he had a free exhaust laying around, I spilled the beans when I got to his place to pick it up.

I installed an aluminum one piece driveshaft to replace the heavy steel two piece one. I installed a cheapy air intake kit with an open air filter. And I removed the rear seats, seatbelts, and some mild sound deadoning material. I also replaced the stock rearend lube with synthetic. All these things will make the car a little quicker, and just as important, will help my fuel mileage, which so far this winter has been between 22 and 23mpg. I'm figuring warmer temps will get me around 25mpg.

Hopefully at Carlisle I can find a bargain like mostmint did on a stock type Z28 or V8 Firebird exhaust. I saw on ebay someone making test pipes for my application for about $35. Unless it's an exact bolt in, I probably won't bother with that though.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Found a direct fit test pipe on ebay and bolted it on yesterday with no real drama. The exhaust is definitely a little louder, and the car seems a little better in the midrange, but still a little flat on the top end. Such is the life of a 3.4 I guess.

-BP
Basement Paul

Post by Basement Paul »

Here's the Flowmaster muffler straight from Carlisle. Loud and proud!

-BPImage

-BP